Things that terrified you as a kid

mcfc_ms said:
The moomins! Such a weird show with cow/hippo creatures and some scary looking little girl
600full-the-moomins-screenshot.jpg
this, it still freaks me out now and I've never trusted butterscotch blamange

I was about 9 on my own in the house. Folks had gone to Kwiki's so it must've been Friday eve. Jerry Lewis movie The Nutty Proffessor was on. The First time he drinks the potion he turns into a werewolf before he changes into the smooth dude. Absolutely terrified me and I ran out the house round the corner to my auntys.

Gunga Din, not sure what he looked like but my dad insisted he lived in the air vent in my bedroom and stalked upstairs at night for kids that are out of bed.

I often think it strange to encourage kids to go to sleep by making them so shit scared that they couldn't close their eyes.

the wardrobe in my mum and dad's room. you could see it on the way upstairs to the lav....if the door was slightly ajar you could almost smell the terrifying rabid creatures from hell that used to lurk inside with long claws ready to pounce as soon as your back was tuned - it used to shit me right up.

oh and the thing that skulked threateningly under my bed - I used to have to leap in to bed from the middle of the room so the bastard didn't grab my ankles with it's withered fingers.

oh, and fred the weatherman

york away to this! said:
the wardrobe in my mum and dad's room. you could see it on the way upstairs to the lav....if the door was slightly ajar you could almost smell the terrifying rabid creatures from hell that used to lurk inside with long claws ready to pounce as soon as your back was tuned - it used to shit me right up.

oh and the thing that skulked threateningly under my bed - I used to have to leap in to bed from the middle of the room so the bastard didn't grab my ankles with it's withered fingers.

oh, and fred the weatherman

That reminds me of ours.

Our set of stairs opens up to a hallway. 2 doors on the left a door in front and a hallway to the right. In the pitch black, as a 7 year old it scared the bejeezus out of me. The trick was, run up the stairs as fast as possible get in my room, on my bed, under my covers before anyone got me. Looking back on it, the plan was a little flawed.

What made it worse, my bed was one of those with the work space/room for toys underneath it. I threw myself at that thing every day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.