Things That Went Wrong On Your Istanbul Trip

Without notice and until I tried to use my debit card at 3 different ATM’s this Afternoon to get some money out, the Halifax have cancelled my debit card.

I‘ve been using the debit card all week back in the UK. Used it at the airport to get a couple of drinks yesterday. I also paid £7 extra so I wouldn’t be charged for using my debit card in Turkey. Good one!

I rang the Halifax back In the UK, which cost me £25 on my Giff Gaff account, and they told me the debit card had been reported damaged, which is an utter lie, as I have been using the card up to yesterday, and I haven’t reported it damaged or stolen. They told me they couldn’t reinstate the card.

Just by chance I brought my credit card as well, which I‘ve added to my Google wallet. If I hadn’t have brought the debit card I would be utterly fucked. No debit card and only 1100 Lira in cash left.

I’m absolutely fuming. I’ve spent all Afternoon sorting this shit out instead of enjoy myself in Istanbul. (I’ve filled out a Halifax online complaints form, for what it’s worth?)

A big thanks to the blues in the bar who lent me 50 lira to pay for the 2 drinks I had. The waiter wouldn’t let me leave twithout paying 50 lira on top of the money I had on me for the 2 drinks. I tried to pay with my debit card.
You will get compensation for the phone call.
But doesn't help with the stress of it all.
You will be OK tomorrow when we bring big ears back to England.

Without notice and until I tried to use my debit card at 3 different ATM’s this Afternoon to get some money out, the Halifax have cancelled my debit card.

I‘ve been using the debit card all week back in the UK. Used it at the airport to get a couple of drinks yesterday. I also paid £7 extra so I wouldn’t be charged for using my debit card in Turkey. Good one!

I rang the Halifax back In the UK, which cost me £25 on my Giff Gaff account, and they told me the debit card had been reported damaged, which is an utter lie, as I have been using the card up to yesterday, and I haven’t reported it damaged or stolen. They told me they couldn’t reinstate the card.

Just by chance I brought my credit card as well, which I‘ve added to my Google wallet. If I hadn’t have brought the debit card I would be utterly fucked. No debit card and only 1100 Lira in cash left.

I’m absolutely fuming. I’ve spent all Afternoon sorting this shit out instead of enjoy myself in Istanbul. (I’ve filled out a Halifax online complaints form, for what it’s worth?)

A big thanks to the blues in the bar who lent me 50 lira to pay for the 2 drinks I had. The waiter wouldn’t let me leave twithout paying 50 lira on top of the money I had on me for the 2 drinks. I tried to pay with my debit card.
This is why I have two bank accounts with two different banks It also came in useful when I switched banks to get the offers I made >£800 doing so Glad you had your CC with you
I never use my plastic now just Apple Pay but always take a full set when travelling

2 hours late flight from Antalya to Sabiha (SAW), then the free Uefa shuttle (every 20 mins) waited nearer 40 then took 2 hours to Taksim.

If arriving tomorrow, and going straight to Yenikapi, I'd get an Istanbul card then it's M4 metro to airliki cesmesi, then train direct to Yenikapi. Card (one does for 4 people) a few lira then each fare is 9.90 so 19.80 and takes about 75 min.

RE: Money. My mate was pickpocketed in Azerbaijan for his wallet so he transferred money across on his phone and we withdrew it for him.

I always take two cards. Debit and credit.

This is why I have two bank accounts with two different banks It also came in useful when I switched banks to get the offers I made >£800 doing so Glad you had your CC with you
I never use my plastic now just Apple Pay but always take a full set when travelling
I have a joint account with the missus and we each have separate current accounts. Mainly so that when one of us snuffs it the hassle for the other is reduced. But it is helpful to be able to transfer money between the accounts in case say one of us loses a debit card

Got on the free shuttle at SAW,
there was just me and one blue,
and about 15 inter fans,
the driver waited till it was rammed.
All inter fans in high spirits and singing their heads off.
To be fair,they didnt give us any grief
or trouble,seemed good lads having fun

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.