Things will be different next couple of months

That you don't want him to renew?

It's just a hunch he may prove me very wrong next season but for the following reasons.

I think to play his way and be successful you need the players to be on it pretty much all the time and I think it is becoming harder for some to stay motivated enough of the time.

In Europe he has been poor

Defensively is a weakness especially if the first point is accurate.

Any coaching style can reach a point when it needs adjusting he only does well when in charge of the most talented team.

He keeps playing dinho at the back and rodri and gundogan together in midfield. I also prefer sterling on the right or at least some time on that flank.

Pep tends to do the 3 - 4 year cycle from his days at Barca and Bayern and is likely to move on especially if there is a reduction in spending due to CAS ruling either way, all eyes will be on the net spend going forward.

If I had to bet on it I would put it on next season being his last.

It's just a hunch he may prove me very wrong next season but for the following reasons.

I think to play his way and be successful you need the players to be on it pretty much all the time and I think it is becoming harder for some to stay motivated enough of the time.

In Europe he has been poor

Defensively is a weakness especially if the first point is accurate.

Any coaching style can reach a point when it needs adjusting he only does well when in charge of the most talented team.

He keeps playing dinho at the back and rodri and gundogan together in midfield. I also prefer sterling on the right or at least some time on that flank.
Pretty much agree with you on all that but i still want him to stay and prove us wrong.

we really do need a boost from somewhere ? the doom and gloom is getting to us. CAS case is going to be big and can go both ways. the FA cup champions league are still winnable and the turn around to the new season will be fast. so we will not have much time and the transfer window will be open and a marquee signing would be ideal and a statement the fans need
I don’t think there is an air of doom n gloom. Most blues I know accept that we can’t win the league every year and the next best thing is to finish 2nd and do well in the cups which we have done. We’re well set up to be serious contenders for every competition for years to come.

The future’s bright.

Pep tends to do the 3 - 4 year cycle from his days at Barca and Bayern and is likely to move on especially if there is a reduction in spending due to CAS ruling either way, all eyes will be on the net spend going forward.
To be fair, it's a sample size of two, so it's not necessarily an indicator of what he's going to do with us.

But whatever he does, we've probably come to the end of an era in terms of the core of the team, with Silva leaving and Aguero and Fernandinho being the last of that team. So it depends whether he's up for the rebuilding job. Some of it has already been done, of course, but other parts (Stones, Sane, Mendy) haven't been the long-term solutions we thought they'd be, and others (Jesus, Rodri) could still go either way. If the likes of Sterling and KDB want to leave in the near future, it could become a very big job. If not, we can probably keep challenging on all fronts with a few intelligent buys.

If I had to bet on it I would put it on next season being his last.

yep I’d be surprised if he stays any longer than that. Squad needs a rebuild with so many ageing players and we’re probably looking at giving youth a chance to come through which isn’t really his style. He’s been used to being able spend big although some of the full back signings Are questionable

To be fair, it's a sample size of two, so it's not necessarily an indicator of what he's going to do with us.

But whatever he does, we've probably come to the end of an era in terms of the core of the team, with Silva leaving and Aguero and Fernandinho being the last of that team. So it depends whether he's up for the rebuilding job. Some of it has already been done, of course, but other parts (Stones, Sane, Mendy) haven't been the long-term solutions we thought they'd be, and others (Jesus, Rodri) could still go either way. If the likes of Sterling and KDB want to leave in the near future, it could become a very big job. If not, we can probably keep challenging on all fronts with a few intelligent buys.

defence needs a massive overhaul in my view. Kompany never been replaced and most of others simply aren’t good enough as has been proved this season. Stones had potential but doesn’t seem to have the mentality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.