Things you ate when you was younger.

maine man said:
super noodle butties

I made a Super Noodle pie once. Then one day I checked the fat and calorie content of one pack and realised it contains enough to power a town car for a few days so gave em up!

Westlers tinned burgers (with the nice pink tinge to em...mmmm!)
Bacon Grill (nasty meatloaf...can still buy them in th'Aldi)
Creme Caramel (Friday night treat)
SodaStream fizzy drinks (what a fuckin' palaver, and nowt like proper Coke)
Shit biscuits (Fig Rolls, Morning Coffee, Rich Tea...my mum's argument was 'if I buy nice biscuits, you just eat them; I get shit biscuits so you don't)

Phuk Tifano said:
my mum's argument was 'if I buy nice biscuits, you just eat them; I get shit biscuits so you don't)

lol brilliant, my mum used to say exactly the same.

Well as a young lad growing up in the early 60's sugar butties, drippin butties and banana butties were certainly on the menu. As was tripe, sheeps brains, tongue, liver, kidney, cheese and onions in milk (like a soup), and cows heart. Now I occasionally have liver onions but with bacon, cheese and onions in milk, tripe (once a year at an Old England Night) and banana butties + kidney in pies.

Real oxtail stew, with dumplings.

Breast of lamb,

Bacon ribs,

Potato hash pie with a crust so big it looked like quasimodo was hiding in it, eaten with lashings pickled beetroot or red cabbage, sometimes with brown sauce.

Cabbage cores and cabbage water. Some might scoff at that but trust me, on a sunday afternoon when I was a kid, it was like a Le Mans start with my brothers to be the first to get to the cabbagey delights. We loved 'em.

Butterscotch angel delight

baked rice pudding

My dads curries made with Dinaclas curry powder (with raisns)

Scotch broth soup with chips

Burnt match heads.....dont ask! :O/

Liquorice root,,,fookin loved it.

As a 14 year old going home after the match and quite a few scoops of ale... one of those disgusting hot dogs or hamburgers from the vendors who used to keep their carts stored below Piccadilly station.

scall said:
black mamba said:
on the plus side though i used to down plenty of sugar butties , banana butties and sweets ...... and as much as it was a plus back then , it isn't quite one now ..... half me teeth are filled!

Hang on, it took us to page 5 to get to sugar butties?! You bunch of hippies!

At Secondary school, for 5 years, I used to have:

Breakfast (cereal and toast)
Morning break: A sausage roll wrapped in toast and a honey bun
Dinner: Buttered barm (NOTE: BARM), chips and gravy and a chocolate MUFFIN
Walking home: A quarter of millions

It's no great suprise I still can't shift this gut.

Didn't you read page ONE!

Sugar butties were mentioned there...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.