Things you used to see as a kid...

Beepee Stink Bombs - inside an orange box wrapped in cotton wool were glass phials with a powerful bad-egg smelling liquid inside, causing malodorous lacerations if placed on seats etc. Advertised as "The Biggest Stink Since Hitler". Other products from the same company included itching powder, probably carcinogenic, and sneezing powder.

Pitch
Dixon of Dock Green
Rag n Bone carts
Abacus's
Trolley buses
Flash Gordon
Watch with Mother
Tin Tin
Gideons Way
Fireball XL5
Toasting bread on a fire
Outside toilets
Coal 'bunkers'
Tin baths
Bogie carts

The bread man, the milk man, steam trains, trolley buses, ships on the canal, telegrams, polythene rain hoods for women, seams on stockings, people winding up their watches, cars with silver foil over the radiator grille in winter, vending machines attached to the wall outside sweet shops, schoolkids with briefcases, tall floodlight towers, big prams with wheels that could be used for making go-karts, pushchairs where the baby faces its mum, not ahead.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
BluePurgatory said:
Remeber the cap guns and the cap rocket you use to throw in the air.

Yeah cap rockets were brilliant and I had a big f*** off cap gun that actually recoilded when u fired it!!!

What were them knocker things (i dont mean tits) on the end of two strings u banged together??

Got banned in our school couple of broken wrists!!

If my memory serves me right they were K-Nockers?

trolley buses..i just about remember the overhead lines running down ashton new road

trolley.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.