Flying saucers (sweets)
Black jacks
wigs
kids with bald tyres on their bikes
tank tops
potato guns
NHS specs

buzzer1 said:
Night match at Maine R.D., teaming down, on the Kippax.

Tut-uts. Go carts made out of wood and pram wheels.

Glue Sniffers, although this should change at the ratpit on Saturday.

My grandad owned an ironmongers* shop near Wythenshawe. One day he said to me, "there must be loads of kids doing Airfix round 'ere. It's the second time this week I've had to go to the cash 'n' carry to stock up on Bostik..."

* NB to whippersnappers: an "ironmongers" was what we oldies had before B&Q.

Spastics.
Joey Deacon was a celebrity spastic.They even had their own society which was a common feature on Britain's High streets.

My games teacher used to call me a spastic as well, sometimes twice a week.

Sadly with the decommissioning of the light blue invalid carriages, spastics never really recovered and decided to disband in the early 80's. Many moved to the Indian subcontinent of India where they resettled.
spastic1.gif

kop3.jpg

Invalid carriages occupants watch in amazement at 70's football star Colin Bell from the Platt Late end at Maine Road in the 1970's keenly watched by lots of able bodied people in green parkas.

mancitymick said:
but dont see know. I will start off with white dog shit

I kid you not, but I was out walking my pooch not long ago and saw a small pile of the white stuff.

I stood there staring at it, as I had'nt seen it for years!

Moving on, cyclists in the rain wearing yellow capes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.