Third party ticket sites and City (dodgy site ticket claims - p32)

I’m surprised nobody’s questions the posters who expected the new Ticket Comiance Manager to have sorted ticket touting within a week. That said’ I’m glad this forum is interested in ticket touting because that wasn’t always the case.

Last edited:
I don’t know the specifics of the role but if the person needs to do undercover type investigations, then it’s better that they are not widely known.
I’m not sure I understand why they would be doing undercover investigations. Maybe I’m completely misunderstanding what the title Ticket Compliance Manager means. From what I’m reading so far it seems it should just be a Private Detective or maybe the job title Ticket Investigator?
As I say I’m obviously not understanding all this.
Nowt new there then. I mean I expect there to be peace in the world so what do I know!!! ;-) :-)

p.s. by the way @Tim of the Oak did you mean solved rather than sold in the post above this one? ;-)

I’m not sure I understand why they would be doing undercover investigations. Maybe I’m completely misunderstanding what the title Ticket Compliance Manager means. From what I’m reading so far it seems it should just be a Private Detective or maybe the job title Ticket Investigator?
As I say I’m obviously not understanding all this.
Nowt new there then. I mean I expect there to be peace in the world so what do I know!!! ;-) :-)

p.s. by the way @Tim of the Oak did you mean solved rather than sold in the post above this one? ;-)
I do t know what the role will be like in practice. You are probably right.

These touts make their money bending rules and avoiding the authorities. I just don’t think we can expect instant results.

I would ask the club how Livefootballtickets - a company with thousands of positive reviews on trustpilot - appears to have over a thousand tickets for the Ipswich match available for sale.

Would love to the see the new compliance officer explain that one away
You don't seriously believe that this illegal site is in possession of over a thousand tickets that the club has given them do you?

Has it not occurred to you that an unauthorised ticket selling site that said they had no tickets but would do their best to get hold of one, would be extremely unlikely to get anyone using them? Of course they're going to claim they've got tickets.

Perhaps we should all ask unknown fans sitting around us how they got their tickets. Just a quick "hello" then ask the question. Most people talk to those next to them at games and it might give a bit of an insight.
I heard a story about a Blue at Arsenal about six or seven years ago asking an American couple how much they'd spent and it was over a couple of hundred each for tickets in the away section.

Perhaps this is where the independent regulator could get involved by banning clubs from selling via third parties?
I don't think the role of independent regulator covers any aspect of the game that involves match-going fans.
That's not me being a bitter old cynic, it's how I read the initial brief.

Touting is illegal, yet Touts operated with impunity in the vicinity of the old ticket office before the building work started. ( Not sure where they are now) There were always City staff in the area and even Police but nothing was done. IMO the club do not want to know where some of these tickets come from incase it is from someone connected with the Club or a Corporate member.

Perhaps we should all ask unknown fans sitting around us how they got their tickets. Just a quick "hello" then ask the question. Most people talk to those next to them at games and it might give a bit of an insight.
I heard a story about a Blue at Arsenal about six or seven years ago asking an American couple how much they'd spent and it was over a couple of hundred each for tickets in the away section.
How will you know that they're 'unknown' fans? I got asked about where I got my ticket for the Swamp a few years ago. Told the cheeky fucker I'd had a season ticket since 1975. That seemed to satisfy him lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.