Third party ticket sites and City / West Ham game

They charge you £100 deposit for the phone. It is then given back when you return the phone after the game.

A dipper that worked at a different branch to me, would go to a pub at dipperville, ask about spares, guy would point to the table and say "choose a phone." Like you say, pay a deposit and get it back after the game.

Reactions: PPT
Tickets for every game have been available from third party sites since the season started. You don't have to look very hard. Indeed, anyone with a few quid could have bought tickets for the West Ham home match months ago.
The whole game is bent at PL level, and the clubs all profit from it.
If they are profiting from it, why would they cut into those profits employing a compliance officer to try and get to the bottom of how it happens?

If they are profiting from it, why would they cut into those profits employing a compliance officer to try and get to the bottom of how it happens?
Probably cos they want the compliance manager to ban supporters who have the audacity to sell their ticket to a mate rather than back to the club so they can resell at match day prices

Probably cos they want the compliance manager to ban supporters who have the audacity to sell their ticket to a mate rather than back to the club so they can resell at match day prices
That makes no sense, doubt they’d go that expense. There is obviously an issue with tickets getting on these sites and the club don’t know how, it’s obviously a problem across the league, and other leagues. Just to pick on a few fans makes no business sense at all, if it makes no business sense it’s not something the club would do.

It's also not the case that the tickets on these sites belong to fans who can't go and are hoping to sell on for a small profit, they only use 'registered sellers'.

This means that unfortunately there are possibly ST holders with no intention of attending any matches, the have a ticket purely for resale value.

There will also be people who had bought a membership and single match tickets again purely for resale. This is why I am glad City had moved to Mobile Download tickets as these are far more difficult to pass on than the Mobile Tickets sent in emails were.

I've actually bought from this site before (Villa 21/22) and was sent Mobile Ticket download link showing original owners name in the info section. If club was serious about tackling touting they could quite easily find the names of who is selling on their tickets.

Last edited:
It's also not the case that the tickets on these sites belong to fans who can't go and are hoping to sell on for a small profit, they only use 'registered sellers'.

This means that unfortunately there are possibly ST holders with no intention of attending any matches, the have a ticket purely for resale value.

There will also be people who had bought a membership and single match tickets again purely for resale. This is why I am glad City had moved to Mobile Download tickets as these are far more difficult to pass on than the Mobile Tickets sent in emails were.

I've actually bought from this site before (Villa 21/22) and was sent Mobile Ticket download link showing original owners name in the info section. If club was seriously about tackling touting they could quite easily find the names of who is selling on their tickets.
Over to the club to sort this out. It will take more than just a Complance Manager. Time for the club to be open and transparent with the fans on how ticketing are being allocated for all matches. On the whole, fans are not satisfied with the service that is being provided to supporters in this area.

I've actually bought from this site before (Villa 21/22) and was sent Mobile Ticket download link showing original owners name in the info section. If club was serious about tackling touting they could quite easily find the names of who is selling on their tickets.
Did you do anything about it.

Did you do anything about it.

No I didn't. It never occurred to me at time to report. I was very naive about ticket touting back then.

I actually returned it to them as I managed to get a legit exchange ticket from the club nearer the match day.

I'd never encourage anyone to use those sites as there's no guarantee you're the only buyer of the ticket you have! Yes they have money back guarantees but that doesn't make up for missing the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.