Third party ticket sites and City / West Ham game

Probably because City have no intention of selling a single seat exchange ticket as a standard match day ticket for that game, and are instead selling them as part of an extortionately priced hospitality package.

Of course, that might change if our title bid goes tits up over the next few days!
Yes I was thinking this too.

Been checking daily for weeks for an extra 1 but now it says Sold Out which is unusual.

I expect any returns to the exchange from now will not be available to buy as a normal ticket

Yes I was thinking this too.

Been checking daily for weeks for an extra 1 but now it says Sold Out which is unusual.

I expect any returns to the exchange from now will not be available to buy as a normal ticket
The annoying thing is City sent a text to remind people to put tickets on the Exchange before midnight Thursday to guarantee a refund (if they couldn’t make the game) so there would have been a batch come through but clearly the club are creaming them off and selling them as hospitality.

It’s high time all premier clubs acted as one and started to look after the fans who have followed their clubs through thick and thin.where is the loyalty from these clubs who expect loyalty from the fans paying a absolute fortune to support them.These clubs do not appreciate the financial difficulties for some fans and need to end this greed.
All dictated by ££££ unfortunately……we knew it was coming the more successful we became

473 tickets available.
Has the law changed on touting? If I stood outside the ground flogging a ticket above face value is it still an offence?
If so how come these fuckers get away with this shit?

View attachment 118194
Good point. Perhaps it's because these sites pay tax but a tout outside a stadium doesn't?

These charlatans shouldn't be allowed to rip off fans for extreme greed and profit. Cunts.

Tickets for every game have been available from third party sites since the season started. You don't have to look very hard. Indeed, anyone with a few quid could have bought tickets for the West Ham home match months ago.
The whole game is bent at PL level, and the clubs all profit from it.
I won't deny there is a degree of "bent" in the PL game but I fail to see how the clubs benefit from sales via third parties.
A report from couple of years ago suggested the majority of touted tickets came from season tickets being bought with the intention to sell on for most matches. These would generate less money for the host club than if they sold the tickets themselves.

I won't deny there is a degree of "bent" in the PL game but I fail to see how the clubs benefit from sales via third parties.
A report from couple of years ago suggested the majority of touted tickets came from season tickets being bought with the intention to sell on for most matches. These would generate less money for the host club than if they sold the tickets themselves.

There's only one way that agencies can sell guaranteed tickets for matches months in advance. That's by being involved with the clubs directly.
I've done it myself... I knew that i would only be able to get two tickets for the final game at Swanse a few seasons ago, so I bought two additional tickets - in our section- from an online agency.... Three months before the game. Genuine tickets arrived a week before game.

Don't kid yourself that football clubs give a shit about their fans. It's all lip service.

There's only one way that agencies can sell guaranteed tickets for matches months in advance. That's by being involved with the clubs directly.
I've done it myself... I knew that i would only be able to get two tickets for the final game at Swanse a few seasons ago, so I bought two additional tickets - in our section- from an online agency.... Three months before the game. Genuine tickets arrived a week before game.

Don't kid yourself that football clubs give a shit about their fans. It's all lip service.
First of all I don't kid myself that clubs give a shit about the fans. They might do when they need the support but they don't the rest of the time.
Ticket agencies can get tickets months in advance for home games if they have season tickets or if they have memberships as the club puts home game tickets on sale at the start of the season. Ticket agencies do not need direct involvement with the club in those circumstances.
Away games are a different matter and that is where there is collusion between the club and the agencies. It's also possible that a touting agency that has been active for many years may have the points required to buy away game tickets.
I accept your Swansea example suggests collusion, but could also be down to an agency advertising tickets in the hope they might get some to sell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.