this bast@rd killed my uncle and his mates

Interesting thread, this.

You will find that many people in the war were fighting for their communities and fellow countrymen, politics didn't come into it.

Bert trautmann is a classic example, the Germans were sold into a conflict that they had no desire for, but once events unfolded , there was no turning back!

The original post is a really interesting one but I feel many on here will simply turn it into a comedic rant about Germans!

Dont forget Manchester has a very strong link to the Nazis via the British Union of Fascists and Oswald Mosley (Mosley Street named after his family)

Ahh the history we enjoy......

bluevengence said:
Just been doing some research on me uncle who was shot down over Holland in 1943 after a bombing raid on Gelsenkirchen and found that the fooker in the middle of the pic (Hans Dieter Frank ..55 kills) shot him down....mind you he got his come uppence 3 months later when his messerschitt crashed into another german plane.

HANS%20DIETER%20FRANK%20MIDDLE.JPG

this is very interesting mate, good research. My mother and aunty are well into this sort of thing there always researching on past family members who where in the first world war...

Forgive the intrusion but how did you find out that your uncle's plane was shot down by that German if all the crew were killed in the incident?

supercity36 said:
i bet somewhere on a german football teams off topic forum there is a german with an identical thread only with a brit in the picture
ffs are you physcic..around the same time you posted this i wrote something along the lines of,"i bet on a german football forum someone is saying this about this fellah" and i was going to post a pic of douglas bader.but i changed my mind.spooky mate very spooky.

exileindevon said:
supercity36 said:
i bet somewhere on a german football teams off topic forum there is a german with an identical thread only with a brit in the picture
ffs are you physcic..around the same time you posted this i wrote something along the lines of,"i bet on a german football forum someone is saying this about this fellah" and i was going to post a pic of douglas bader.but i changed my mind.spooky mate very spooky.

Lucky you didnt post it mate...it just wouldn't have had the legs!!!

myleftfoot said:
exileindevon said:

Lucky you didnt post it mate...it just wouldn't have had the legs!!!
o dear

the kippax wall said:
I think your criticism is a bit unfair. The bloke was only trying to do his job!

Exactly. Maybe not totally the case here - but people always seem to confuse common German soldiers fighting for their country with the atrocities of the Nazis. It really is crazy.

my dads cousin was killed onboard U1274
this was the "killer" <a class="postlink" href="http://www.uboat.net/allies/commanders/1613.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uboat.net/allies/commanders/1613.html</a>
level now?
every dead is on dead to much....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.