This building will look very different

To be honest and after all the hype I was hoping for something a bit more 'in your face' than this frankly tame offering. Yes it is highlighting City and this is never a bad thing but it just has that feeling that it is meant to appeal to the less hard-bitten amongst us.

Can see why people aren't agreeing with me about it being OTT, and whilst I maintain that opinion I do admit, now i've seen it, that its an impressive bit of art. For me though it just smacks a bit of 'cooeee, look at meeeeeee'. Maybe when we've won something I would relax that view a little, but even then i'd still be cringeing the old arse cheeks a little bit.

Pigeonho said:
Can see why people aren't agreeing with me about it being OTT, and whilst I maintain that opinion I do admit, now i've seen it, that its an impressive bit of art. For me though it just smacks a bit of 'cooeee, look at meeeeeee'. Maybe when we've won something I would relax that view a little, but even then i'd still be cringeing the old arse cheeks a little bit.

Think its to impress the world cup delegation here this week.

Pigeonho said:

its just marketing, or as fergiscum calls it us 'noisy neighbours' just makin a bit more noise....but for publicity purposes, it's doing exactly what it should be, getting ppl talking about city, the curiosity factor..."ooh i might go and see whats goin on down at eastlands...i like this, i'll buy a ticket.(ableit not that fast but you get my point?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.