This could be one of the truest Articles of the season......

JULES said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Good article - but wasted on here - easier to reason with the Taliban
well said lad, some people on here will never be satisfied with what hughes does, how ever many trophys he wins he will still be a rag, the ages of some of these "fans" I should imagine is rather young as their inexperience in following your team through thick and thin does not seem an option, they want success and they want it now or toys out of the pram.

You're very wrong mate.

JULES said:
GaudinoMotors said:
well said lad, some people on here will never be satisfied with what hughes does, how ever many trophys he wins he will still be a rag, the ages of some of these "fans" I should imagine is rather young as their inexperience in following your team through thick and thin does not seem an option, they want success and they want it now or toys out of the pram.

What posistion do you think is reasonable for this squad to a achieve ?.

m27 said:
JULES said:

I always stop reading when someone puts "fans" in inverted commas. It's one of the biggest insults going (see also: "so called fans").

Christ! I just forced myself to read on.....that beggars belief. The stories I could fucking tell. It shouldn't come to this but....were you at Darlington in 1998? Will I know your face? Get a grip.

JULES said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Surely before you make a stupid statement like this, you at least have to.
1, Have Hughes actually win something(hughes does, how ever many trophys he wins he will still be a rag)
2, Have an idea about the age of the fans(I should imagine is rather young)
3, Know something about the people you talk about(inexperience in following your team through thick and thin).
I could ask you if you went to every Full Members Cup game home and away(including losing at Blackburn/Leeds/Sheff Wed/Notts F), but just because I might have been at all those games doesn't mean that I'm going to dismiss your viewpoint or anyone elses.

good journalism, the truth is often painful,to suggest its just brennan ingratiating himself with mh to protect their circulation is a good joke ,made me laugh.The outers ignore what a state the club has been in for the last 30 years, the new ground and adug were not rewards for meticulous planning and foresight they were right-place right-time happenings.The club, not just the team needed rebuilding from top to bottom and it will take time and long-term planning.Barce had half a team of home-grown talent on the pitch against RM,thats what we should aim for ,a few years away at best. in the meantime we can only get players who dont play in CL ,money doesnt work when the players are already multimillionaires,prestige is what they want and we havent earned it yet.To pretend money is the difference is to ignore the infrastructure the top clubs have.

m27 said:
m27 said:
I always stop reading when someone puts "fans" in inverted commas. It's one of the biggest insults going (see also: "so called fans").

Christ! I just forced myself to read on.....that beggars belief. The stories I could fucking tell. It shouldn't come to this but....were you at Darlington in 1998? Will I know your face? Get a grip.
you would if you were at the games in the 70`s

bellbuzzer said:
good journalism, the truth is often painful,to suggest its just brennan ingratiating himself with mh to protect their circulation is a good joke ,made me laugh.The outers ignore what a state the club has been in for the last 30 years, the new ground and adug were not rewards for meticulous planning and foresight they were right-place right-time happenings.The club, not just the team needed rebuilding from top to bottom and it will take time and long-term planning.Barce had half a team of home-grown talent on the pitch against RM,thats what we should aim for ,a few years away at best. in the meantime we can only get players who dont play in CL ,money doesnt work when the players are already multimillionaires,prestige is what they want and we havent earned it yet.To pretend money is the difference is to ignore the infrastructure the top clubs have.

Oh right. So there's no point bothering then this season as we were always destined to fail? Is there a point I can actually expect some relative success or do we just play it by ear?

By the way, the homegrown talent in Barca's team still made the grade while the first team coaches were being sacked/resigned over the years. The nurturing of the club's young talent should not be reliant on what is going on at first team management level. It should be self-sufficient. Unless of course the manager of the first team and the Academy staff are somehow dependant on each other. Oh hang on a minute......

BobKowalski said:
You know I keep hearing all this about Mourinho and Inter playing rubbish etc etc and as I don't watch Inter or Serie A for that matter I don't really know either way but I do wonder if Inter are so 'boring' how come they scored 33 goals in 14 games which is way more than 2nd placed AC Milan? I mean if Inter are so lacklustre how f**king bad are the other teams?

We have scored 24 in 13 games which is an average of 1.8 against Inter's 2.3. AC Milan have scored 20 goals in 14 games and are second in case you are interested.

If you measure lustre by amount of goals then you are right.

My personal observation has told me that boring teams can win a large number of their games by a 2 goal margins.

JULES said:
m27 said:
you would if you were at the games in the 70`s

So unless you was at a game in the 70's, your not entitled to an opinion?

Challenger1978 said:
JULES said:

What posistion do you think is reasonable for this squad to a achieve ?.
challenger, in my opinion a 5th position would be fine, that can still be achieved, admittedly things are not going too well at the mo but I can see the lght at the end of the tunnel, I honestly believethis team will gell and get results, can`t saymuch more really thats just the way I see it. I can remember going to highbury one week 4-0 then the 6-0 pasting at derby the followng week ( I think) , we were crap, but I didnt moan just looked forward to the next game, people now dont seem to do that anymore, perhaps its just my age!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.