This could be one of the truest Articles of the season......

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Pigeonho said:
It wouldn't matter if the article, or any article in support of Hughes for that matter, was 10 times the size of that, some people just refuse to take to him for whatever reason that is, and there will be no convincing them.
So, I take it your happy with how things are going????

Some people will be bored of me saying this by now, but what the fuck, who cares?!!! Yes I am happy with how things are going. I refuse to be one of the 'we could be out of the cup and 10th come 7pm on Saturday', I would much rather be one of the 'we could be in the semi's and joint 4th on points, come 7pm Saturday'. Yes we've not played great lately, yes it was a good opportunity to have put a run together, blarrrr blarrr blarrrr blarrr blarrr, but we didn't, we drew 7 games and created a somewhat unwelcome record. Did we lose though? No. Are we the only team in the league to have been beaten once so far this season? Yes. Was it away at the current champions, and in some crazy added time? Yes. Are we currently 7th, with a game in hand, possibly taking us into the top 4 and with a place in the semi's of a cup as xmas approaches? Yes. Is that good enough? Apparently not.

GaudinoMotors said:
So in your view the league table should be based on how few times you lose, not on points????
No - but I`m not throwing my toys out of the pram after 13 games with the new influx of players - Just yet - I might after January though if no improvement
But.... this "good article" is based on that view, so its reasonable to assume that to think it's good you too must hold that view.

m27 said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Good article - but wasted on here - easier to reason with the Taliban

How? It sings the praises of our manager but slates our current players. It's hypocritical as it acually has a potentially demoralising effect on our players whilst preaching to us to get behind them.

I'd go as far as to say it's the worst article I've read in a long long time.

1. It is realistic about the players - and may even provoke a reaction
2. You need to read more

Pigeonho said:
So, I take it your happy with how things are going????

Some people will be bored of me saying this by now, but what the fuck, who cares?!!! Yes I am happy with how things are going. I refuse to be one of the 'we could be out of the cup and 10th come 7pm on Saturday', I would much rather be one of the 'we could be in the semi's and joint 4th on points, come 7pm Saturday'. Yes we've not played great lately, yes it was a good opportunity to have put a run together, blarrrr blarrr blarrrr blarrr blarrr, but we didn't, we drew 7 games and created a somewhat unwelcome record. Did we lose though? No. Are we the only team in the league to have been beaten once so far this season? Yes. Was it away at the current champions, and in some crazy added time? Yes. Are we currently 7th, with a game in hand, possibly taking us into the top 4 and with a place in the semi's of a cup as xmas approaches? Yes. Is that good enough? Apparently not.
You think we will beat Everton by 11 or more goals????(on top of the fact that Arsenal that are 4th have played 13 games too).

Pigeonho said:
You think we will beat Everton by 11 or more goals????(on top of the fact that Arsenal that are 4th have played 13 games too).

Ok Mr pedantic, joint 4th then. Point is, if we win on Saturday and results go for us, we go joint 4th on points. If we win our game in hand, it puts us well amongst that pack as the festive fixtures come up. If, on 1/8/09 someone had asked me would that be a good position to be in, as well as a semi final spot in the league cup, I would have said a most definite yes, and i'd hope all of you would too.

Manchester City will be delighted with that article.

That will be all the MEN's City interviews sewn up for the rest of the season.

It would be fair enough if it was still 2 points for a win

Unfortunately it isn't and so picking up one third of the points available in a relatively easy run of games is not something to admire or applaud

On paper it is bad enough but when you watch games and see why and how it is happening then you cannot paint this run of results and being unbeaten as a positive thing

It is simply not good enough and the manager needs to know that and not be told that actually its really pretty good because we remain undefeated. That is not going to be the case for very much longer

Not good enough Hughes. Simply not good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.