This forum

I clocked the derby thread being locked
so that's why stupid premier manager footy talk has infiltrated the bullshit politics and music and assorted funny shit of the cellar....

We all want the same thing. Fuck united and the scummy swamp they swam in on. They're getting twatted next weekend.

Next?

I can't see any reason why there shouldn't be a pre-match derby thread, so that's been unlocked now.

We started the policy of merging related threads as users complained that there were too many duplicate topics, and that it was making the board hard to read.

If people feel that we've gone too far the other way though, then obviously we'll review it. Contrary to what certain people think, we're not on a power trip - we're just trying to make decisions for the good of the forum.

Personally, I think there is a valid argument that merging threads is perhaps stifling discussion. Some of the bigger threads (like the player ones, FFP, media bias, United etc) are getting a bit unwieldy and hard to follow.

We'll try relaxing things over the coming weeks, and merging less, and see how it goes.

I started a thread the other day about the derby. It was shut down after about 8 replies because "we have another game before that one". I'm not sure of the motivation behind the way the main forum is run these days, but this kind of moderation will force people to go elsewhere eventually - the Derby is less than a week away & people want to talk about it.

Similarly the constant merging of threads into loose player/topic categories means that many angles on certain events are lost into the ether.

This thread will probably be shut down, but this is not meant to criticise, just wanted to start a meaningful discussion about it.

It was bizarre mate. What kind of forum bans derby talk as we have a game on Wednesday??
The weekly build up to the derby is brilliant. Reading other blues feelings and opinions as the week goes on is great.
Rics last post though clears it up saying maybe they went too far so let’s move on and enjoy the build up.
Come on City!!!

A few things:
This isn't the pre-match thread so please use that for any comments about the game but if you've got any pertinent observations about merging threads then feel free to post them here. We have to try to stike a balance between keeping the forum readable while not having too many important topics being discussed in the same thread.

We do ask people to think before they start a new thread. If it's a general post about Liverpool/Klopp or Chelsea/Mourinho then it can probably go in the Liverpool or Chelsea threads, particularly if there's nothing else significant going on with those clubs/managers.

If there is a specific topic (e.g. Eva Carneiro, which deserved its own thread) then keep all discussion in there instead of spreading it over two or even three threads.

REVOLUTION!

Only joking - yeah I didnt understand that being as the thread was closed 'because we have game wednesday' but glad its open now though.

Only been on here for 18 months or so so don't know what it was like years ago (although many say it was better for one reason or another)

I clocked the derby thread being locked and it was that point i realised this place is becoming pathetic. I didn’t realise we can only talk about the very next game nothing else. I mentioned it on the Narcos thread where someone got blasted to dare create a thread about a programme when there is a million page TV series thread. I understand at times they may want to merge, tidy the board up and save space but it’s getting beyond a joke now. I don’t get how an old thread from years ago gets bumped up if someone goes back to the subject even years later? I don’t get how it works but does someone actually search the history and find any thread related and throw it all together?

Use to be fun this place, seems like its just mods on a massive power trip now.

He was hardly blasted in the Narcos thread, in fact Bigga was very polite in what he said also there had been 4 or 5 pages about Narcos in the TV series thread already rather than spread out the debate it would have been better to comment on what others had put, to enhance the debate, rather than just starting a new thread where people who had already commented, probably couldnt be bothered to duplicate what they had said, but you dont consider that, just have a go at the mods, its far easier. Some people use the search facility, I did it with the Oscar Pistoirus verdict thread when he got given house arrest, rather than start a new thread I simply typed his name in the search facility and used the thread that was already there. Some people are just too lazy to even look. This place used to be fun but is being ruined by people sniping and moaning at the mods all the time, they put in a lot of time and effort to ensure the smooth running of the place, which is free to use and we should be grateful not just moan

Not being able to discuss the derby is a bit much though.

REVOLUTION!

Only joking - yeah I didnt understand that being as the thread was closed 'because we have game wednesday' but glad its open now though.

Only been on here for 18 months or so so don't know what it was like years ago (although many say it was better for one reason or another)

People have been saying it used to be better for the last twelve years or so! I think people always look back with rose tinted glasses, whereas in reality things aren't that much different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.