This forum

A few things:
This isn't the pre-match thread so please use that for any comments about the game but if you've got any pertinent observations about merging threads then feel free to post them here. We have to try to stike a balance between keeping the forum readable while not having too many important topics being discussed in the same thread.

We do ask people to think before they start a new thread. If it's a general post about Liverpool/Klopp or Chelsea/Mourinho then it can probably go in the Liverpool or Chelsea threads, particularly if there's nothing else significant going on with those clubs/managers.

If there is a specific topic (e.g. Eva Carneiro, which deserved its own thread) then keep all discussion in there instead of spreading it over two or even three threads.

Bloody hell half an hour ago - you were going to "fuck a few people off!!" Ducado seems keen on only letting us talk about games one at a time in Derby week.

Good to see a bit of sanity seems to have maybe got through.

I am going to start a thread - who do we play after Seville?

A few things:
This isn't the pre-match thread so please use that for any comments about the game but if you've got any pertinent observations about merging threads then feel free to post them here. We have to try to stike a balance between keeping the forum readable while not having too many important topics being discussed in the same thread.

We do ask people to think before they start a new thread. If it's a general post about Liverpool/Klopp or Chelsea/Mourinho then it can probably go in the Liverpool or Chelsea threads, particularly if there's nothing else significant going on with those clubs/managers.

If there is a specific topic (e.g. Eva Carneiro, which deserved its own thread) then keep all discussion in there instead of spreading it over two or even three threads.

Thing is PB, a lot of users, only use the 'new posts' tab when searching the website, if you didnt merge that tab would become virtually redundant, as the page would just be 10-15 threads on the rags, like it used to be before you started merging more.

I started a thread the other day about the derby. It was shut down after about 8 replies because "we have another game before that one". I'm not sure of the motivation behind the way the main forum is run these days, but this kind of moderation will force people to go elsewhere eventually - the Derby is less than a week away & people want to talk about it.

Similarly the constant merging of threads into loose player/topic categories means that many angles on certain events are lost into the ether.

This thread will probably be shut down, but this is not meant to criticise, just wanted to start a meaningful discussion about it.

Let's fuckin hope so.

Bloody hell half an hour ago - you were going to "fuck a few people off!!" Ducado seems keen on only letting us talk about games one at a time in Derby week.

Good to see a bit of sanity seems to have maybe got through.

I am going to start a thread - who do we play after Seville?

To be fair, that's because one user said it's "become the forum version of Auschwitz", which is a pretty crass thing to say.

To be fair, that's because one user said it's "become the forum version of Auschwitz", which is a pretty crass thing to say.

Didn't see that to be fair! Lets crack on! Good week ahead of us.

Can I ask again where DAMOCLES is?

The thread merging decisions we made, only one United thread, only one pre-match thread etc were brought about by necessity in the first instance. There were far too many Bluemoon members who believed their opinion was SO important that it didn't belong as a post in a related thread, it deserved a new thread all of it's own. So they started a thread with a post akin to "United, don't you just hate them, here's how much I hate them.......". We'd have so many threads of that type, clogging up the board, that the only solution was to merge threads, and warn persistent offenders. That seems to have died down now and people tend to avoid those types of post, however one has to wonder whether that's a change in general board thinking/posting, or whether it's a consequence of the way the forums are moderated. If we relax the rules we run the risk of our moderating workload increasing exponentially as new/existing members start to believe every single thing they think about deserves it's own, unique, thread. Personally I have neither the time nor the inclination to take a step back a few years to the debacle it could become at times.

The thread merging decisions we made, only one United thread, only one pre-match thread etc were brought about by necessity in the first instance. There were far too many Bluemoon members who believed their opinion was SO important that it didn't belong as a post in a related thread, it deserved a new thread all of it's own. So they started a thread with a post akin to "United, don't you just hate them, here's how much I hate them.......". We'd have so many threads of that type, clogging up the board, that the only solution was to merge threads, and warn persistent offenders. That seems to have died down now and people tend to avoid those types of post, however one has to wonder whether that's a change in general board thinking/posting, or whether it's a consequence of the way the forums are moderated. If we relax the rules we run the risk of our moderating workload increasing exponentially as new/existing members start to believe every single thing they think about deserves it's own, unique, thread. Personally I have neither the time nor the inclination to take a step back a few years to the debacle it could become at times.
you mean it would be like Facebook

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.