This forum

you mean it would be like Facebook

Pretty much.

Anyone who is on Facebook, and is "friends" with, or follows the official Manchester City Facebook page, will see the kind of thing we used to have to deal with. Every single unintelligent, idiotic, repetitive thought that comes into someone's head is posted as a comment on that Facebook page, and it would be the exact same thing here too if we aren't careful.

The thread merging decisions we made, only one United thread, only one pre-match thread etc were brought about by necessity in the first instance. There were far too many Bluemoon members who believed their opinion was SO important that it didn't belong as a post in a related thread, it deserved a new thread all of it's own. So they started a thread with a post akin to "United, don't you just hate them, here's how much I hate them.......". We'd have so many threads of that type, clogging up the board, that the only solution was to merge threads, and warn persistent offenders. That seems to have died down now and people tend to avoid those types of post, however one has to wonder whether that's a change in general board thinking/posting, or whether it's a consequence of the way the forums are moderated. If we relax the rules we run the risk of our moderating workload increasing exponentially as new/existing members start to believe every single thing they think about deserves it's own, unique, thread. Personally I have neither the time nor the inclination to take a step back a few years to the debacle it could become at times.

Yeah, I think it's important that we find a balance. We don't want a return to people starting new topics needlessly all the time, but equally I don't think merging vaguely related stuff is the right way either.

For example, almost anything relating to City's finances tends to end up in the FFP thread now which I don't think is right. Similarly, specific points about players/incidents can get lost in the matchday or player threads, when sometimes they merit their own discussion.

Congratulations Damocles, the sword has now fallen and you will be able to moderate during the night as you rock the bairn to sleep!! Multi-tasking will become second nature but there is no feeling in the world like bringing a new person into the world. :-) Every happiness to you and your family.

Pretty much.

Anyone who is on Facebook, and is "friends" with, or follows the official Manchester City Facebook page, will see the kind of thing we used to have to deal with. Every single unintelligent, idiotic, repetitive thought that comes into someone's head is posted as a comment on that Facebook page, and it would be the exact same thing here too if we aren't careful.
which is why we sometimes have the issues we have

I finally got a Facebook account to display photos and was quite surprised that when i log on it asks me "what are you thinking"
I'm thinking: Fuck off you nosey cunts, who wants to know the details of my inane thoughts?

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who think that we do want to know, and it's becoming more prevalent amongst a small number on here

which is why we sometimes have the issues we have

I finally got a Facebook account to display photos and was quite surprised that when i log on it asks me "what are you thinking"
I'm thinking: Fuck off you nosey cunts, who wants to know the details of my inane thoughts?

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who think that we do want to know, and it's becoming more prevalent amongst a small number on here

Well of course I want to know your thoughts squirtyflower, I like to pick out the ones that might just about make some sense!! :-)

I'm happy that my Louis van Gaal comments are withstanding the moderation of the forum. A couple of posts (rightly) deleted from this thread & yet mine still stands. Result.

Louis van Gaal wanks horses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.