This Incredible Squad

BringBackSwales

Absolutely staggering.

Given how hard it is to motivate after 3 successive titles

After an incredible treble

After losing Mahrez, Laporte and Gundogan - the latter being one of our most important players, one of Pep’s first signings, the passing heartbeat of our side

No KDB for over half the season

Being chased down by TWO excellent and consistent sides - who also get loads more injury time than us when needing a goal

The smallest squad in the league (despite what our friends in the media say) pushing on 3 fronts

Only losing 3 league games all season so far, all 3 to deflections

Unbeaten in 27 games since Villa away - 22 of them wins

Winning 7 out of 15 away league games from behind, 4 of them behind at half time (not sure whether we have ever done this before but wasn’t there a stat not so long ago that we’d gone over 10 years without winning a game home or away from behind at half time?)

All of this has gone on with every media source sniping away about “115”

This squad has got big fucking balls, we can be, in Pep’s words, incredible proud of them

Whatever happens now for this season is the cherry on the big fat cake of Manchester City. I'v never seen a team as immense as these guys, in all my long years of watching football I never seen, or knew, such dominance was possible through footballing means alone. Just being good at foootball, not media help, no FA/PGMOL/UEFA help - We played against all of them and still won.

I dont give a shit about charges and the poison our rivals have created to get them through this time of City dominance, it makes it MORE likely they will remmber these times. We're inside their heads for the rest of their lives.

CTID.

Absolutely staggering.

Given how hard it is to motivate after 3 successive titles

After an incredible treble

After losing Mahrez, Laporte and Gundogan - the latter being one of our most important players, one of Pep’s first signings, the passing heartbeat of our side

No KDB for over half the season

Being chased down by TWO excellent and consistent sides - who also get loads more injury time than us when needing a goal

The smallest squad in the league (despite what our friends in the media say) pushing on 3 fronts

Only losing 3 league games all season so far, all 3 to deflections

Unbeaten in 27 games since Villa away - 22 of them wins

Winning 7 out of 15 away league games from behind, 4 of them behind at half time (not sure whether we have ever done this before but wasn’t there a stat not so long ago that we’d gone over 10 years without winning a game home or away from behind at half time?)

All of this has gone on with every media source sniping away about “115”

This squad has got big fucking balls, we can be, in Pep’s words, incredible proud of them
Playing more games than any one else. Less pre-season rest than anyone else. More players involved in every international break than anyone else. Didn't land two biggest transfer targets in the summer. As a result still bedding in all young incoming transfers.

The noticeable thing I’ve seen this weekend is what this City team does to other teams and their fan bases. Liverpool players were despondent at the final whistle yesterday, there’s only 2 points in it and there’s 6 games to play, elite athletes keep going until it’s mathematically impossible. After facing Pep for nearly 8 years the Liverpool players seem to believe there is an inevitability about the destination of the title.

Then you have Arsenal who have made some great strides in their quality this season and last. When they were two nil down to Villa all their fans vanished, there was no belief they could pull it back.

Then you look at midweek in Madrid, it was their big opportunity to put a marker down and at one point go two goals up in the tie. They couldn’t do it after chucking the kitchen sink at City. We can’t take a result for granted on Wednesday as Madrid are a very good side, however their players know they are going to have to beat City in their own back yard which no Madrid team has ever done, not to mention a team winning at City in Europe which hasn’t happened for nearly 6 years.

There is a lot of football to play and nothing is decided yet. Our players know that if they execute what Pep wants over the coming weeks they could be in contention for some big prizes. One game at a time and that starts with Madrid.

The noticeable thing I’ve seen this weekend is what this City team does to other teams and their fan bases. Liverpool players were despondent at the final whistle yesterday, there’s only 2 points in it and there’s 6 games to play, elite athletes keep going until it’s mathematically impossible. After facing Pep for nearly 8 years the Liverpool players seem to believe there is an inevitability about the destination of the title.

Then you have Arsenal who have made some great strides in their quality this season and last. When they were two nil down to Villa all their fans vanished, there was no belief they could pull it back.

Then you look at midweek in Madrid, it was their big opportunity to put a marker down and at one point go two goals up in the tie. They couldn’t do it after chucking the kitchen sink at City. We can’t take a result for granted on Wednesday as Madrid are a very good side, however their players know they are going to have to beat City in their own back yard which no Madrid team has ever done, not to mention a team winning at City in Europe which hasn’t happened for nearly 6 years.

There is a lot of football to play and nothing is decided yet. Our players know that if they execute what Pep wants over the coming weeks they could be in contention for some big prizes. One game at a time and that starts with Madrid.
Brillant post mate. I've noticed the exact same. We now have the X-Factor that the greatest teams of all had. They all looked beaten yesterday.

Brillant post mate. I've noticed the exact same. We now have the X-Factor that the greatest teams of all had. They all looked beaten yesterday.

It’s a long way from over with a lot of football to play. We could be out of two competitions by the weekend or we could be progressing towards a semi final in Europe and an Fa cup final.

This team does things to other teams, on the pitch it strangles teams to death with possession and doesn’t let them out of their own half. In recent games, Liverpool tried everything to clinch a goal at Anfield against City and they couldn’t. Arsenal were too scared to engage when they really needed to win. It reminds me of the baddie terminator in Terminator 2. Just when it’s been blown to pieces in a burning wreck, it reforms and keeps chasing after you.

I was at a christening yesterday and a number of those there were rags,one of them as they were heading home just admitted through gritted teeth that City and pep are the greatest team in the premier league ever,and pep head and shoulders above every other manager…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.