This Saturday - Alan Henning Tribute

I really dislike having these minutes applause, especially during the game - there seems to be one every other week nowadays!

Why not have a minutes silence for him pre-match? Why does it have to be during the game?

Soon we'll end up having 5 or 6 minutes applause each game.

Don't get me wrong, the whole situation with Alan Henning was sad, but I don't think it's very relevant to remember him during a football match?
i agree. its getting stupid now. a minutes silence before..but not during the game.

My boy and I will show our respects with all the other blues. It's the least we can do for the ultimate sacrifice he made. Thinking of you all.

Watching the video his daughter has put together on her Facebook page just reemphasises all the good he was doing and it states he was doing all of this before the world even knew Syria had a problem which is so true.
The word brave is often thrown around, people with illnesses are called brave but they had no choice so for me it's never better used than when someone has a choice but chooses to go down the dangerous route rather than walking away , risking their life for the good of others which is what Alan did and ultimately paid the highest price.
I understand some people are against these things or at least the timing of it but personally looking at all he did to try and help build a peaceful world and help people who were suffering I don't think one minute of distraction at a game is too much for us to give back and to support his family. Every day Is hard for them but I'd hazard a guess the first anniversary Is the hardest of the lot so let's just stand alongside them and give Alan the recognition he deserves.

You should be so proud of your uncle Kev, what a great man. If only there were more like him the world might not be quite so messed up today.

He is a local hero and I will be honoured to join in the tribute at the ground later.

So what happened? Nothing on the screens no applause? A few chants of there's only one Alan Henning around the 13 minute mark but poor effort. Where the club not supposed to put an image on the screen? If so major fuck up but hopefully the score will sit well with Alan tonight

So what happened? Nothing on the screens no applause? A few chants of there's only one Alan Henning around the 13 minute mark but poor effort. Where the club not supposed to put an image on the screen? If so major fuck up but hopefully the score will sit well with Alan tonight

When it didn't happen at the 11th minute I thought they might do something at half time but nope nothing, bus as you said great score that will sit well with in Alan and he was in my thoughts today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.