This Stoke defeat?

Questy said:
Simply need to learn to switch formations to suit teams like Stoke camping out in their box, teams know how to stifle us when we tippy tappy it around outside the box.. Mere blip and nothing else

2012-13 season called. It wants it's post back.

Does anyone have the stats on how many times we've come back to win after going a goal down in the last two seasons, I'd be interested to see them?

Danamy said:
Does anyone have the stats on how many times we've come back to win after going a goal down in the last two seasons, I'd be interested to see them?
Not many I suspect (no don't have the stats sorry), but we rarely go a goal down these days, which in itself makes it difficult.

I do remember us going 2-0 down twice last year though and winning both games :) one was against the reigning european champions, the other not.

14 fouls conceded vs. Stoke (5 fouls)
13 fouls conceded vs. Liverpool (7 fouls)
11 fouls conceded vs. Newcastle (8 fouls)

Anyone got a theory on this? We dominate possession but concede an incredibly high amount of fouls. I noticed it last season too. Are we too physical? Too slow? Or is it just referees being too quick to punish us?

LoveCity said:

Anyone got a theory on this? We dominate possession but concede an incredibly high amount of fouls. I noticed it last season too. Are we too physical? Too slow? Or is it just referees being too quick to punish us?
Against Stoke it was purely down to shit refereeing, Mason gave every tackle we made as a foul, and virtually none of Stoke's fouls as free kicks. Only one team were physical in that game and their name didn't start with M.

In the other games I think it was fairer because the other teams both had substantially more possession, meaning we had to do more to win the ball back.

LoveCity said:

Taking tactical fouls when teams try to hit us on the break might play a part. Maybe a bit of Vinnies aggression and eagerness to pinch the ball off attackers often results in fouls, yaya taking fouls when too lazy to track back maybe? Obviosuly those arent the main reasons but they might add up. Just a few possible theories off the top of my head that may or may not be accurate as I havent been watching fouls closely. I'll try and look out for them in the arsenal game if I dobt get too wrapped up in the game

The stoke result was bobbins there's no debate there.

However IMO it's the fact that we've had 'Chelsea are going to piss the league' rammed down our throats and their 100% start that's underpinned all the drama queens' head's falling of.

It is of course a load of bollocks.

Some serious man-ing up required on here.

LoveCity said:

Eagerness to win the ball back as our game is all about possession, you'll probably find that Barca's stats follow a similar pattern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.