This website is a joke

Its not about one game to me its about 37.

We are just above Stoke City for Fcs sake.

Unless they have changed the league rules since I last looked that means over a season we are slightly better than them. Just in case you missed the point that’s slightly better than The Mighty Stoke City that came out of the Championship 12 months ago. Spent how much more than us on transfer?

blueinsa said:
My 8 yr old lad would have brought on two forwards, 1-0 down in a must win game! What about the other 17 defeats?

Like I said, you don't look at the context or manner of the defeats, you probably just see a negative scoreline and its all because of Hughes, he was the sole reason the team lost, players are blameless, its all because of the manager, no one else is to blame.

Unknown_Genius said:
I'm sorry but this website is starting to become a parady of itself. I'm referring to the number of Hughes Out threads that start up everytime we lose, regardless of manner or context. Ok, first half we were poor, but second was alot better, and Hughes made a good tactical change of bringing Bojinov and Benjani on, and the 2 combined to level the scores. But hey, lets all dismiss that. Spurs won it by a ghost penalty, but like the tactical change, lets all ignore it. Im not part of the "Hughes In massive" or whatever you call it over here, but I for one see that the team is going forwards. Lets appoint Mancini instead, who probably can't speak English, and his style may not suit England, a problem Juande Ramos had. Or maybe Klinsmann, a guy who couldn't suceed with the best team in Germany. I'm all for it folks.

So, a desperation 4-4-2 tactic is what you're defending him over??

Look, as far as I'm concerned, I thought last weeks throwaway mentality set us up for this defeat. I said, last week, what was the point in not having a go at the Scum and, even in defeat, finding some heart and honour to fight for this game?

The mentality has been all wrong. The "eggs in one basket" scenario was stupid in the extreme within the context of finishing the season.

Hughes has shot himself and City in the foot.

I cannot excuse a man who cannot fathom tactics. How can you?

Marvin said:
It's not the web-site, it's the combination of spineless fans, and Rags who come out to gloat every time City get beat.

Doesn't matter if you have £100 Million or £1 Million, you need time to build a team. The more changes you have, the longer the transition.

Are we going to continue with this farcical match by match assessment of the City manager?

What he said.

I'm all for Hughes staying and working on this season to try and improve it. To keep changing is a bad move but todays and many other of his decisions baffle me.

Elano was injured so even with 2 defensive midfielders on already he brought on a 3rd in an attackers place.
We were 1 0 down already why do that. This is the first time i can recall him having two up front. He could quite easily have done this with Elanos sub by bringing Boj on then and moving Ireland to the right with Petrov still on the left to create an attacking formation still.
We had nothing to lose we should kept on a forward momentum. But he didn't.
He's done it time and again. 3rd defensive midfielder on for an attacker. Usually Fernandes. I'm not saying Hughes out but he's got me wondering what he seriously believes as a manager to be making subs as he does.

And the thread yesterday about the guy who met Bowen. Raised the issue of corners and Bowen says we don't practice them. Clear to see we are shocking at them. So in my view I'd add that to the training schedule. Yet Hughes leaves it be.

You're always going to get overreactions on a forum to a match, we get it week in, week out whenever we lose or on the odd occasion we win.

It's not as Marvin says a combination of spineless fans and rags. It's people that think we can do better, and want to say so.

If more people at least accepted that their are valid reasons why people have concerns over the manager, maybe there wouldn't be a need to shout it from the rooftops.

But as it is, anyone who thinks we can do better gets accused of being spineless, delusional, rags, and all sorts. All it is, is people who have a different opinion on the direction the club should take.

Unknown_Genius said:
Marvin said:
It's not the web-site, it's the combination of spineless fans, and Rags who come out to gloat every time City get beat.

Doesn't matter if you have £100 Million or £1 Million, you need time to build a team. The more changes you have, the longer the transition.

Are we going to continue with this farcical match by match assessment of the City manager?

What he said.

You need time to build a team..?

Zola, less than a season, and he's achieved more than us.

Redknapp, less than a season, and he's achieved more than us.

I've not even mentioned the difference in money spent.

But i agree about the farcical matchg by match assessment of Hughes. It has to stop for the club to move forward.

So let's hope it stops next week some time and the club, as a whole, can move forward again after another blip in our recruitment strategy!

Unknown_Genius said:
blueinsa said:
My 8 yr old lad would have brought on two forwards, 1-0 down in a must win game! What about the other 17 defeats?

Like I said, you don't look at the context or manner of the defeats, you probably just see a negative scoreline and its all because of Hughes, he was the sole reason the team lost, players are blameless, its all because of the manager, no one else is to blame.

I see a manager who has had a full season and pots of money fuck it up. Do you not remember when he came in? Europe was a minimum requirement. We would be a stronger and more difficult team to beat. Then as the season went on and it was clear his way just wasnt workin despite him spending £100m he changed his tune! It was then a case of it takes time. We are going in the right direction. All of a sudden Europe wasnt all that important. And all the while he is adamant he is doing a good job! Sorry mate but ive seen otherwise!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.