This weekend's games, (22/23 March)

mancity111 said:
cleavers said:
Gabriel said:
Another game ruined by incompetent officials.
To be fair it was already ruined by Arsenal's defending.

They were already up against it before the sending off.

There defending has been woeful.

Why they stand off defies belief.
And of course the manager, the players, and their nutty fans will all cry about the card incident and ignore the fact they were getting thumped beforehand. This is why they haven't won a trophy in nearly a decade.

cleavers said:
Gabriel said:

Think Wenger will be furious about a foul (not given) in the build up to the penalty being awarded. The referee later blew up for an identical challenge, and you could see Wenger's frustration at the inconsistency.

hackneyslim said:
There's a terrible droning, repetitive noise coming from my televi - oh, sorry, I just realised it's Michael Owen.

How can he criticise Marriner - the little twunt can't tell the difference between Manchester CITY and UNITED in his commentaries.

Pigeonho said:
lafitz2008 said:
Agreed that the Cardiff game looks tricky now,a draw I think there and anything but a Chelsea win followed by West Ham inflicting more misery would be an awesome weekend.Not entirely unrealistic either.
With Vidic out and Ferdinand looking about as happy as a cornered virgin, Carroll will have a field day. I can't see anything but a Hammers win.

Carroll will probably pull up injured after 10 minutes. He's a one-trick pony anyway. If he manages to complete even 60 minutes he will still do f*ck all. The 'rags' won't drop points against West EEErrm.

Can't see Mariner doing a game at this level again this season.

1. Clearly didn't see the incident at first, and yet was the best positioned official.
2. His assistant didn't give it, didn't signal a thing, and wouldn't have been able to see it.
3. He only gave the penalty after pressure from Chelsea players (and crowd).
4. Wrongly decides its a red card (strictly its not, as its not denying a scoring opportunity)
5. Sends wrong player off.....
6. ....despite the correct player telling him so....
7. ...and it appears the 4th official.

Not bad for one minute of officiating, and sums up much of his career.

Gabriel said:
cleavers said:
Gabriel said:

Think Wenger will be furious about a foul (not given) in the build up to the penalty being awarded. The referee later blew up for an identical challenge, and you could see Wenger's frustration at the inconsistency.
I'm sure he'll piss and moan about something, we've had 999 games before today where he has, however they could have 0-4 by the time the penalty was given.

cleavers said:

1. Clearly didn't see the incident at first, and yet was the best positioned official.
2. His assistant didn't give it, didn't signal a thing, and wouldn't have been able to see it.
4. Wrongly decides its a red card (strictly its not, as its not denying a scoring opportunity)

Gabriel said:
cleavers said:

I'm sure he'll piss and moan about something, we've had 999 games before today where he has, however they could have 0-4 by the time the penalty was given.

A bit strange as you suggest Cleavers.

It appears he has given the decision after consulting with the fourth official.

Our first trial by video ???? (lol).

If the linesmen didn't see it and Mariner didn't it should have been a goal kick or a corner ( assuming he thought it came off his head ).

cleavers said:

Gabriel said:
cleavers said:

Agree completely but concerning point 4 and 6 I think he can't be blamed (sort of, still his mistake in the first place). In real time it would be impossible to tell for certain that the ball was going wide when Chamberlain handballed it so I think once he gives the handball he has to give the red card. Then, although he cocks up in sending Gibbs off, it would be unprofessional to take a player's word for it. Otherwise, we could have Kompany sent off, but then have Lescott tell the referee it was him, consequently taking the red card fully aware of Kompany's greater importance to the team.

eyejay51 said:
hackneyslim said:
There's a terrible droning, repetitive noise coming from my televi - oh, sorry, I just realised it's Michael Owen.

How can he criticise Marriner - the little twunt can't tell the difference between Manchester CITY and UNITED in his commentaries.
Tbf, Pellegrini has difficulty as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.