This weekends other Prem Games 06-08 Dec

ifiwasarichfan said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
whp.blue said:
Wouldn't go that far but I do hope they stay there as it would be even harder for the rags to qualify for champions league and it would really make my season if they miss out again. They would have a real problem if they miss out again or even worse make the Europa league.
Let's hope that the Hammers and Saints finish third and fourth as that would keep out the rags, Arse and Liverpool.

No way is a side managed by Fat Sam ever going to finish in the top six.

2004/2005 season Bolton finished 6th

GREAT tackle by Clark, that.

Remember that one Dunne did on Yakubu v Boro for us a few years back? Similar sort of tackle.

I love football when it gets physical!

zandvoort blue said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Let's hope that the Hammers and Saints finish third and fourth as that would keep out the rags, Arse and Liverpool.

There are only two good sides in the Prem now. Anybody could finish third and fourth this season!

ifiwasarichfan said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
whp.blue said:
Wouldn't go that far but I do hope they stay there as it would be even harder for the rags to qualify for champions league and it would really make my season if they miss out again. They would have a real problem if they miss out again or even worse make the Europa league.

05table.gif

KippaxCitizen said:

Remember that one Dunne did on Yakubu v Boro for us a few years back? Similar sort of tackle.

Since they get it in the neck all the time - well done the referee. You've got a player lying on the ground and all his team mates demanding action, and you could lipread the ref saying "It's not a foul, it's not even a foul". A few would have looked at the result, not the action.

KippaxCitizen said:
zandvoort blue said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

There are only two good sides in the Prem now. Anybody could finish third and fourth this season!
I agree with the first bit, but not the second bit. United and Arsenal will finish 3rd and fourth. Too many options and they have better quality than the rest of the league.

Watching West Ham today, I agree with a previous comment above that they will finish ahead of Southampton. Not, because I think they are better 11 for 11, but West Ham seem to have a lot of options with Carroll, Sakho, Valencia and even Cole. They have a lot of options when players are off form etc. To think I was disappointed when they battered us this season (though the organisation and effort was reason to be angry).

Henkeman said:
KippaxCitizen said:

Since they get it in the neck all the time - well done the referee. You've got a player lying on the ground and all his team mates demanding action, and you could lipread the ref saying "It's not a foul, it's not even a foul". A few would have looked at the result, not the action.
Was watching Barca and flipped back to see the tackle. I don't see how that's a great tackle in this day and age. Even 15 years ago maybe. Now he is lucky he did not get a red.

supercrystal7 said:
Henkeman said:
KippaxCitizen said:

Was watching Barca and flipped back to see the tackle. I don't see how that's a great tackle in this day and age. Even 15 years ago maybe. Now he is lucky he did not get a red.

If you want it to be a non-contact sport, that's up to you. He cleanly took the ball, and went with one leg not two.

Henkeman said:
supercrystal7 said:
Henkeman said:

If you want it to be a non-contact sport, that's up to you. He cleanly took the ball, and went with one leg not two.
I never said that's what I want, but those are the rules and the standards the ref are told to put in place. It's not the way I played and not the way I like, but it is what it is. I would be all for tackling rules being relaxed, but with the way things are that should have at least been a yellow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.