This weekends other Prem Games 06-08 Dec

supercrystal7 said:
Henkeman said:
supercrystal7 said:
Was watching Barca and flipped back to see the tackle. I don't see how that's a great tackle in this day and age. Even 15 years ago maybe. Now he is lucky he did not get a red.

If you want it to be a non-contact sport, that's up to you. He cleanly took the ball, and went with one leg not two.
I never said that's what I want, but those are the rules and the standards the ref are told to put in place. It's not the way I played and not the way I like, but it is what it is. I would be all for tackling rules being relaxed, but with the way things are that should have at least been a yellow.

Please point to any law or guideline that says any such thing.

supercrystal7 said:
Henkeman said:
supercrystal7 said:
Was watching Barca and flipped back to see the tackle. I don't see how that's a great tackle in this day and age. Even 15 years ago maybe. Now he is lucky he did not get a red.

If you want it to be a non-contact sport, that's up to you. He cleanly took the ball, and went with one leg not two.
I never said that's what I want, but those are the rules and the standards the ref are told to put in place. It's not the way I played and not the way I like, but it is what it is. I would be all for tackling rules being relaxed, but with the way things are that should have at least been a yellow.
Absolutely no way on Earth was that a yellow. It wasn't even a foul, never mind a yellow.

Henkeman said:
The 'Use of Excessive Force' which FIFA explain that it 'means a player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.'.

That's the guideline for a red card.

Some refs might judge it as 'Reckless' means that the player has acted with complete disregard of the danger to, or consequences for his opponent.

Going by the standard of today it is at least a yellow. I am in favour of such tackles being brought back, but they are not allowed. If Delph or Sanchez could then smash Vardy back without any punishment it would be fine, but they would probably be sent off.

supercrystal7 said:
Henkeman said:
The 'Use of Excessive Force' which FIFA explain that it 'means a player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.'.

Some refs might judge it as 'Reckless' means that the player has acted with complete disregard of the danger to, or consequences for his opponent.

Going by the standard of today it is at least a yellow. I am in favour of such tackles being brought back, but they are not allowed. If Delph or Sanchez could then smash Vardy back without any punishment it would be fine, but they would probably be sent off.

It wasn't either of those things. Note use of "necessary" in what you quoted - that's the relevant point.

Henkeman said:
supercrystal7 said:
Henkeman said:

It wasn't either of those things. Note use of "necessary" in what you quoted - that's the relevant point.
We can argue all day about it, but getting ball is not enough now days. On the continent that would be at least a yellow every time and a red most. Even here it would be a yellow. We will agree to disagree. This is why it's up to the ref's interpretation.

Re: United Thread 2014/15

baildon blue said:
Out of the top 4
Hope it stays like that !!!
Hope they have a shitty journey and they get a good spanking at S'hampton. Scum.

That drives me mad As Nugent's effort is saved by the keeper the Commentator comes out with that old line
"the Striker couldn't have done much more there"

well actually he could he could have put it in the opposite top corner you tool

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
foxy said:
Can't hear West Ham fans booing Big Sam anymore....

Same with the Geordies and their Sack Pardew campaign......
Most on here thought pardew should be sacked as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.