This weekends other Prem Games 7th & 8th December

El Mago said:
MSP said:
I guess Martinez proved himself finally to those that thought he was not good at Wigan. His next job is going to be one of big ones.

Martinez inherited a mid-table team, spend little money and managed to get 28 points

Pellegrini inherited the former Champions, spent 100 mill and only managed to get one more point than Martinez.

pathetic comment.

El Mago said:
MSP said:
I guess Martinez proved himself finally to those that thought he was not good at Wigan. His next job is going to be one of big ones.

Martinez inherited a mid-table team, spend little money and managed to get 28 points

Pellegrini inherited the former Champions, spent 100 mill and only managed to get one more point than Martinez.
Let's wait till the end of the season before comparisons like that are made.

Expectations were lower at Everton but that will change now.

Besides shouldn't you be comparing Martinez's record with Moyes, your team's Manager?

Re: Arsenal Thread 2013/14

citytill1die84 said:
gooner2 said:
ek13 said:
Results like today are why im still not convinced we will win it. Ok, we didn't lose, but to drop points at home in our supposedly tantalising form isn't what contenders should be doing. Everton pretty much came at us today, and we looked like we didn't like that, so im literally shitt*ng myself as to what Man City might do next week. Players look tired, and having CJ at RB isn't ideal when Bacary's not playing. A real investment needed in January if we are to think of mounting a challenge, but because I don't think we will be adding much, I have very little expectation of us finishing top.

Mate we faced a quality top six team who beaten chelsea and united and will be touch for anyone to play . we stopped their big man scoring and they deserved a point.

we were not at our best but we still five points clear which is point more then the start of the weekend.

So overall pretty happy. onwards to big couple of games coming up.

Play like you did today against us Satturday and that 5 point gap will soon be 2.
The 6 point gap will be only 3 by 3pm next Saturday .

samharris said:
Blue Haze said:
Thank fuck. Giroud, that fucker's form needs to fall
Man up man... he hit the bar and did a silly air shot 3 yds out.. I want his form to continue cos in all honesty he was shite today.

Thought he did ok. could have scored twice and nearly won it for us at the end.

xgorton said:
citytill1die84 said:
gooner2 said:
Mate we faced a quality top six team who beaten chelsea and united and will be touch for anyone to play . we stopped their big man scoring and they deserved a point.

we were not at our best but we still five points clear which is point more then the start of the weekend.

Play like you did today against us Satturday and that 5 point gap will soon be 2.

Chelsea will win so 2pt.

sergiokun said:
City A, Chelsea H, West Ham A, Newcastle A, Cardiff H

Let's hope we can beat them on Saturday and Chelsea get a point

Game on

if we get six points from next two we are odds on to win the league. four from next two and we still strong favourites. Three and its still open and less then that and it even more open.

So next two games are massive in terms of whether it be one sided title race or competative one.

citytill1die84 said:
gooner2 said:
ek13 said:
Results like today are why im still not convinced we will win it. Ok, we didn't lose, but to drop points at home in our supposedly tantalising form isn't what contenders should be doing. Everton pretty much came at us today, and we looked like we didn't like that, so im literally shitt*ng myself as to what Man City might do next week. Players look tired, and having CJ at RB isn't ideal when Bacary's not playing. A real investment needed in January if we are to think of mounting a challenge, but because I don't think we will be adding much, I have very little expectation of us finishing top.

moomba said:
Don't know why Arsenal fans are do desperate for everyone to see them as a legitimate contender.

They should be happy to stay under the radar as long as possible, the pressure starts when people think they might actually win something.

Next few weeks will tell a lot.

Precisely.

ek13 said:
gooner2 said:
ek13 said:

Irrespective of everything you just said, today was a must win game. We play MCFC and Chelski in quick succession, where that point difference can be easily removed. Factor that in, and you will see why we cant possibly say we will win it. This was a team who choked today, we could of added security for our upcoming games. Another one of the big six played, and again, we do not win. Very worrying if you cant pick up three points at home when you want to be seen as contenders.

I disagree. I think they managed the game very well right up until the end. True, they allowed Everton to dominate posession and dictate play for much of the match, but that means nothing so long as we prevented them from carving out really clear-cut chances and threatened ourselves. We didn't have much to offer from an attacking perspective in the first half, but the thing about this Arsenal team is their ability to just switch on out of nowhere. We got our noses in front towards the end and maybe could have closed up shop a little better (as we have done this season), but for me that finish by Deulofeu was simply unstoppable. If we must concede, let it be because the opposition had to do something special, and he did.

The trouble is now that on top of pulling through a high intensity fixture at Napoli, we really must get a win out of either Man City or Chelsea to keep things ticking along. I can't imagine taking anything away from the Etihad so it kind of makes the Chelsea match a must-win. Glad we have that nine day break before it, because this squad is being properly tested now.

xgorton said:
citytill1die84 said:
gooner2 said:

We see. we got draw at your place last season and nearly won it last seconds. It going to be epic battle between two of best attacking sides in england. Bring it on!.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.