This weekends other Prem Games 7th & 8th December

Re: Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Ronuja said:
moomba said:
Don't know why Arsenal fans are do desperate for everyone to see them as a legitimate contender.

They should be happy to stay under the radar as long as possible, the pressure starts when people think they might actually win something.

Next few weeks will tell a lot.

Precisely.

ek13 said:
gooner2 said:
Mate we faced a quality top six team who beaten chelsea and united and will be touch for anyone to play . we stopped their big man scoring and they deserved a point.

we were not at our best but we still five points clear which is point more then the start of the weekend.

So overall pretty happy. onwards to big couple of games coming up.

Irrespective of everything you just said, today was a must win game. We play MCFC and Chelski in quick succession, where that point difference can be easily removed. Factor that in, and you will see why we cant possibly say we will win it. This was a team who choked today, we could of added security for our upcoming games. Another one of the big six played, and again, we do not win. Very worrying if you cant pick up three points at home when you want to be seen as contenders.

I disagree. I think they managed the game very well right up until the end. True, they allowed Everton to dominate posession and dictate play for much of the match, but that means nothing so long as we prevented them from carving out really clear-cut chances and threatened ourselves. We didn't have much to offer from an attacking perspective in the first half, but the thing about this Arsenal team is their ability to just switch on out of nowhere. We got our noses in front towards the end and maybe could have closed up shop a little better (as we have done this season), but for me that finish by Deulofeu was simply unstoppable. If we must concede, let it be because the opposition had to do something special, and he did.

The trouble is now that on top of pulling through a high intensity fixture at Napoli, we really must get a win out of either Man City or Chelsea to keep things ticking along. I can't imagine taking anything away from the Etihad so it kind of makes the Chelsea match a must-win. Glad we have that nine day break before it, because this squad is being properly tested now.

We were carved open on many occasion, which hasn't really happened this season. We rarely managed to maintain possession at times, and frankly looked scared of a half decent team when they attacked. The form of Aguero and co has me worried as to what will happen.

Re: This weekends other Prem Games 7th & 8th December

Stoned Rose said:
Everton were excellent today and bossed Arsenal for long periods at their own ground.

They outplayed and out fought them imo.

With a more clinical presence in the last third theyd have won at a canter.

As I mentioned twice very early in the season Barkley is fucking class and would waltz into our squad and (for certain games) our first 11. He really is that good.

Arsenal aren't as good as they think they are and if we play to anything like our best we'll swat them away like flies next weekend.

I feel they would've struggled big time today had Everton had 2 men up front. We have exactly that and both are on lethal form.

samharris said:
citytill1die84 said:
xgorton said:
The 6 point gap will be only 3 by 3pm next Saturday .

Smart ass

Doesnt deserve a call to the samaritans though.. ;)
If we win next week then we be nine clear of you. if you win your within and six if a draw. Massive game in the coxtext of season and to how close this title race will be or not.

Arsenal looked vulnerable today. Plenty of space in front of their back and down their right.

With Silva back, Nasri, and Sergio, there's no reason why we can't open them up.

Proelia said:
Stoned Rose said:
Everton were excellent today and bossed Arsenal for long periods at their own ground.

As I mentioned twice very early in the season Barkley is fucking class and would waltz into our squad and (for certain games) our first 11. He really is that good.

Arsenal aren't as good as they think they are and if we play to anything like our best we'll swat them away like flies next weekend.

I feel they would've struggled big time today had Everton had 2 men up front. We have exactly that and both are on lethal form.
Hes Good but he would never waltz into our team, what a stupid thing to say

Still good sign for us and drawing against top quality team like everton. that seven points at home to spurs, liverpool and everton and stopped likes of suarez and big belgum guy scoring against us.

jrb said:
Arsenal looked vulnerable today. Plenty of space in front of their back and down their right.

With Silva back, Nasri, and Sergio, there's no reason why we can't open them up.

Your not that pretty at back either and we can open you up to. Should be great match between two magnificent sides. The game of the season so far.

They're an injury away from having Bendtner as there striker. If we lose the title to these then Pellegrini deserves the bullet.

greasedupdeafguy said:
They're an injury away from having Bendtner as there striker. If we lose the title to these then Pellegrini deserves the bullet.

With Podolski coming back that's not quite true anymore. And Walcott can play as the central striker although, it's not really ideal.

gooner2 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Everton played better today than they did against United. Barkely in particular had a better game. I thought Barry was very good once more. Lukaku did not really get involved much. Arsenal were poor, but still created a few clear cut chances. I think they would have taken 5 points from Everton, City and Chelsea, so now are under pressure. 2 Losses against those two and they could find themselves third very soon. For me the league is still City's to lose.

I will take a point from that game. get four or six from next two and we in very very strong position to win the league.

you should be happy if you will take 1 pct from us and chelsea

gooner2 said:
Proelia said:
Stoned Rose said:

Hes Good but he would never waltz into our team, what a stupid thing to say

Still good sign for us and drawing against top quality team like everton. that seven points at home to spurs, liverpool and everton and stopped likes of suarez and big belgum guy scoring against us.
you're top of the league and happy with a home point v Everton..??

You may have stopped the big Belgian guy but you didnt stop the 19yr old sub,did you.??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.