This Weekends OTHER Premiership Games.

TCIB said:
Sewelly said:
mancityscot said:
they are slightly dodgy at the back but they have their best defender out for the majority of the season. steven taylor. he is to them what kompany is to us. they score goals though, so letting in the odd one isnt important

Taylor is OK, but Colo is our Kompany. Take him out and we fall to pieces, he holds the entire defence together. Infact he's been manning it all on his own surrounded by Championship defenders all season long.

Absolute class act. Still underrated after his dodgy first season.

We do desperately need defenders though. In need of more pace, physicality and ability on the ball at both CB and fullback.

Sorry for of topic, but wanted to catch a geordie and ask you if you would have Carroll back ?

No.

When he first broke through I thought he was utter dross, the kind of player where you think straight away that he won't make it in the top flight. Even in the Championship when he was scoring goals I didn't rate him that highly, thought he didn't have the pace, guile, intelligence to make it in the Prem. Obviously he appeared to make me look like a mug to all my mates when he proceeded to piss all over Premier League defences last season. Seriously, it was ridiculous that he had made a step up in league and was performing better in almost every area of his game. No doubt he looked like a top class player for the first 6 months of last season. I was absolutely gutted when we sold him, even though the fee was absolutely extortionate because I didn't expect it to be reinvested.

Basically I'm still not sure if I have him sussed. Because since he's gone there he looks like the Championship Carroll again. He's an empty shell of a player at the moment, doesn't even look good in air or a handful which is ridiculous considering what he was doing to defences last year.

I got asked the 'would you take him back' question before we signed Cissé and I said no. I said no because for the money and wages it would take we could sign a better forward and since he left bringing him back wouldn't even rekindle the whole 'homegrown, local lad' mystique. It would have been just like signing any other player and for the money we could get better - as we've proved. Obviously now we have signed a better striker I wouldn't go anywhere near him, not in a million years. There's no way we could play the kind of stuff we did today if we had Carroll (although that's the first time we've played like that in months).

I know he's making a fucking fortune and living the high life but I actually feel a bit sorry for Carroll right now. I never thought I would do but it makes me sad seeing a local lad becoming one of English football's great comedy figures and watching him take abuse from scousers. I hope he gets out of there at the end of the season and can rekindle his career elsewhere.

Top reply that mate :)

If i was a geordie lad i would like to think i would feel the same.

We have a giggle at him but it's not really fun anymore because i don't want to see a young lads confidence destroyed for life due to getting a good ribbing.
I wish he would not scream eff off at the ref all the time though, that sucks.

Really happy you lot are doing well, i admit partly due to you helping show the dippers up for the mediocre team they are but non of the fans want to believe.

I can't see you yoyo'ing now either as long as you say that you invest in the squad to maintain this.

Maybe you lads could have a "bad day atthe office" in a few weeks if your position is secure :p

mancityscot said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
mancityscot said:
they are slightly dodgy at the back but they have their best defender out for the majority of the season. steven taylor. he is to them what kompany is to us. they score goals though, so letting in the odd one isnt important

I'd say Coloccini was the key, but Taylor is better than Williamson.

What you have to ask is:

1) Can they improve on Danny Simpson/Ryan Taylor? Answer-Yes, they should do so.
2) Can they improve on Davide Santon/Ryan Taylor? Answer-Yes, they should do so.
3) Can they improve on Steven Taylor/Mike Williamson? Answer-Yes, they should do so.

They should prioritise 2 new full backs and a new leading CB in the summer, and maybe then all they need is an extra CM and a winger with a bit more quality than Jonas or Obertan.

agree, but you could say that about almost any club

lescott- can he be improved on? yes, even though he is much improved
clichy/kolarov - can they be improved on? yes
kompany - no
richards - probably not

we are a different case in some respect as we actually have a decent back four

I know, but Newcastle are really overachieving this year and have to take the opportunity now to improve their squad to turn them back into a permanent top 6 outfit again.

If they don't upgrade their defence I don't see them being top 6 again next season.

So how long will the rag's run last?

If the football gods can hear me, they know what to do ;-).

The Miracle Run In Thread

[bigimg]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1R3dGVJGqy8/TlhlSw_CF8I/AAAAAAAAAlE/GmVRiSBCiTQ/s1600/Miracle_Whip.jpg[/bigimg]

Martin, give the lads a spoonful each.

Come on Fulham. :-)

Re: the Miracle Run In Thread

However much I want Fulham to take something away from this game, the fact is it won't be happening. But they're bound to drop points somewhere, and hopefully this will be to us.

Re: The Miracle Run In Thread

jrb said:
[bigimg]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1R3dGVJGqy8/TlhlSw_CF8I/AAAAAAAAAlE/GmVRiSBCiTQ/s1600/Miracle_Whip.jpg[/bigimg]

Maybe we need a "we love Fulham" thread, closely followed by a "We love Blackburn" thread, QPR, Wigan, etc

Lord BLue said:
jrb said:

Maybe we need a "we love Fulham" thread, closely followed by a "We love Blackburn" thread, QPR, Wigan, etc

QPR. Losing at QPR would be an irony.

I'm not even watching it tonight I don't think, it's too stressful willing (in vain 9 times out of 10) teams to get a result out of them. Granada vs. Sevilla at the same time, stress-free football for me!

Pam said:
Lord BLue said:
jrb said:

QPR. Losing at QPR would be an irony.

it'd be a fucking miracle, they've already played there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.