This weeks other champions league games

super_city_si said:
wow! just saw the Rags score. Thats with Giggs and Jones in midfield, Leverkusen must be wank

They were, gave up watching when it was obvious Leverkusen had turned up with their pants round their ankles and a bottle of KY.

Their defending was embarrassing

TCIB said:
0-5 is nowt to sniff at unless leverkussen are complete and utter shite.

Can't knock five nil away however you cut it, fair play.
It was a bit of both, but most worrying was Moyes get the line up correct with the right balance. He now knows exactly what he needs, but I wonder if he has the guts to make the big decision. Sometimes managers are intelligent and work out the perfect balance for the team and other times like Moyes they just get lucky.

EDIT
This is another reason why City struggled more in the CL. Teams don't fear City in Europe as they do United, Chelsea, Arsenal or even Liverpool.

supercrystal7 said:
TCIB said:

It was a bit of both, but most worrying was Moyes get the line up correct with the right balance. He now knows exactly what he needs, but I wonder if he has the guts to make the big decision. Sometimes managers are intelligent and work out the perfect balance for the team and other times like Moyes they just get lucky.

EDIT
This is another reason why City struggled more in the CL. Teams don't fear City in Europe as they do United, Chelsea, Arsenal or even Liverpool.

So teams fear giggs and jones more than they do toure and dinho? The reason why have struggles is because we've had two hard groups and this year it's considerably easier.

supercrystal7 said:
TCIB said:

EDIT

I'm not so sure if this is his best lineup. But they did look comfortable as the game went on. Kagawa was in his favored central 10 position and was a menace throughout. I still think they are not the force they were under bacon face but it was good result. I agree, Give credit where it's due. They gave the 2nd best team in Germany a drubbing at their home turf. In a match where stakes are pretty high. It's not to be sniffed at

Manchester_lalala said:
supercrystal7 said:
TCIB said:

EDIT

So teams fear giggs and jones more than they do toure and dinho? The reason why have struggles is because we've had two hard groups and this year it's considerably easier.
It's not the players, but the club, their recent European results etc. How did you feel before playing Dortmund last year? Would you have been as confidant about beating Dortmund as beating Barcelona? Both teams were around same level, but you feared one much more than the other. A good run in this CL and the other teams will begin to fear you. Of course you had stupidly hard groups, but I don't think Napoli would have played as well against you at the Etihad as they would have at say the Emirates or Old Trafford.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:18 pm --<br /><br />
jared said:
supercrystal7 said:
TCIB said:

EDIT

I'm not so sure if this is his best lineup. But they did look comfortable as the game went on. Kagawa was in his favored central 10 position and was a menace throughout. I still think they are not the force they were under bacon face but it was good result. I agree, Give credit where it's due. They gave the 2nd best team in Germany a drubbing at their home turf. In a match where stakes are pretty high. It's not to be sniffed at

It's their best attacking line up. RVP for Rooney would make the team even better, but Moyes loves Rooney and so don't see that happening. Nani is their best option on the left and Valencia best option on the right.

In midfield not good individually, but the right type of players. A passing midfielder in Giggs and a holding destroyer in Jones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.