Thomas Lemar

Love to know the line of thinking on this...

Alli is already class and proven over the course of two seasons in a MUCH tougher league. At 20.

A lot better on the ball for starters, one of Monaco's better players in both Champions League against Spurs, better temperament, more adaptable, a position that needs strengthening more, would be a lot cheaper and is only one year older than Alli.

Last edited:
A lot better on the ball for starters, one of Monaco's better players in both Champions League against Spurs, better temperament, more adaptable, a position that needs strengthening more, would be a lot cheaper and is only one year older than Alli.

...makes him a much better "prospect" than alli?

Alli is probably the best prospect in football right now along with gabby j and maybe asensio. His quality is proven without question, and i defy you to show me lemar doing anything close to what alli has done.

As for needing cover more in that position, i'd argue there are plenty of options at LM/RM yet truly only a few young proven CAM's who would be great for years at city. Alli is "the next lampard" as tolmie so aptly put it.

...makes him a much better "prospect" than alli?

Alli is probably the best prospect in football right now along with gabby j and maybe asensio. His quality is proven without question, and i defy you to show me lemar doing anything close to what alli has done.

As for needing cover more in that position, i'd argue there are plenty of options at LM/RM yet truly only a few young proven CAM's who would be great for years at city. Alli is "the next lampard" as tolmie so aptly put it.

It certainly does. More to work with than Alli, better footballing brain too. As for Alli being the next Lampard? Nope miles out I am afraid. Lampard had better vision and was more composed.

Last edited:
The French have a ridiculous amount of young talent.

Areola, Varane, Umtiti, Zouma, Laporte, Kimpembe, Hernandez x 2, Mendy, Kurzawa, Digne, Sidibe, Kante, Tolisso, Rabiot, Nkunku, Pogba, Bakayoko, Lemar, O. Dembele, Martial, Mbappe, Coman, Augustin, Griezmann, Fekir, Lacazette, Cornet, M. Dembele.

All 25 or under and i probably missed a few.
You may well have missed a few, but you also included 2 who are shite. If you'd stopped at "ridiculous" they'd be on the list though.

It certainly does. More to work with than Alli, better footballing brain too. As for Alli being the next Lampard? Nope miles out I am afraid. Lampard had better vision and was more composed.

I wonder where you are getting these claims from? More to work with(what does that even mean)? Better footballing brain? Lampard better vision and composure?

Tolmie already posted this famous alli goal where his composure is up with the classic zidane volley for real years back, a goal which is considered by most as the best ever:

This rubbishes the last claim. No young player has a better footballing brain than alli. As for being "more to work with" i dont even know what that means...

Alli is a player who would cost probably £80m...i highly doubt lemar would come anything close to that figure. That alone tells us something. Lemar has operated in a fluff league too.

Alli is over hyped. His latest performance against Gent hasn't convinced me either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.