Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

Only one major trophy in the last 20 years has been won by an English manager. Simple logic really. Don't go for an English manager if you want to win something.

I wonder how many cup tournaments have been won with significant performances by English players too. Stones in the CL final jumps to mind - he was magnificent. But it wasn't a winning goal or a goal saving tackle. Hard to fully assess, but despite there being a lot of English players to have won the CL or cup honours domestically in recent times I can't think of any being the match winner. Even going back. Gerrard in Istanbul...albeit he only started playing at 3-0 down and Dudek won them the game in the shootout.

I wonder how many cup tournaments have been won with significant performances by English players too. Stones in the CL final jumps to mind - he was magnificent. But it wasn't a winning goal or a goal saving tackle. Hard to fully assess, but despite there being a lot of English players to have won the CL or cup honours domestically in recent times I can't think of any being the match winner. Even going back. Gerrard in Istanbul...albeit he only started playing at 3-0 down and Dudek won them the game in the shootout.
Tront won the CL for Madrid by not marking Vinicius Jnr.

You're clearly forgetting Bellingham, who single-handedly turned Real Madrid into a double-winning team. Won fuck all before he turned up and dragged them kicking and screaming over the line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.