Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

Totally agree as usual mate. You can't please some people.

We had an Englishman in Southgate who I think did an excellent job, but because he didn't win every game he managed 12-0 he was useless. We couldn't find an Englishman to manage England with a decent record and who was available. Apparently Potter was a negative bus parker and Howe didn't want to leave Newcastle.

Carsley looked promising on paper and basically did what a LOT of people have been demanding - play our 'world class' attacking players - and it was a dogs dinner. Now he's useless.

I suspect we will soon hear that Tuchel is useless as well and we should've picked some other random manager! Tuchel has done well wherever he's been, won trophies and seems well regarded by those in the game. I think it's a bit of a coup in that United have been sniffing around him and I dare say there's plenty of other teams who would want him if their seasons don't start well.

I hope he does well and I think he's probably the best manager we could realistically have hired.

Spot on.

Hopefully his appointment can stop the usual cliche ‘the FA just want a yes man’ - I suspect after the first defeat they’ll find a new angle to moan at the FA.

The same as they always did.
The nation’s league is a new concept and by November we will have had three international breaks so that comment is incorrect. It is pointless beyond belief playing Finland Greece and the Republic of Ireland so many times during a busy season . Money making bollocks for the respective FA a and UEFA

We had an Englishman in Southgate who I think did an excellent job, but because he didn't win every game he managed 12-0 he was useless.

An excellent job? That's a silly statement. England underperformed close to every time they faced really decent teams in the major tournaments under Gareth Southgate.
He was useless because he was a loser who played dull and timid football.

Last edited:
The nation’s league is a new concept and by November we will have had three international breaks so that comment is incorrect. It is pointless beyond belief playing Finland Greece and the Republic of Ireland so many times during a busy season . Money making bollocks for the respective FA a and UEFA
Well it isn't incorrect. I just picked a random year - 1989 - and checked England's results. From the beginning of the season to December, there were 4 international breaks. England played 2 qualifiers and 2 friendly matches.

We've always had these international breaks. They were likely in place when you first got into football. The Nations League has replaced friendlies. They are largely useless but add to a country's ranking (so affect chances of qualification) and also give a back door route into tournaments.

What's changed is football fans' perspectives on international football. I'm far less excited about non tournament England matches now than I was when I was 11 in 1989 but I don't piss and moan about it every time an international break comes along because it's a worthless exercise. I can't change them and they're not going away.

Football players want to represent their countries. We get to watch those players play for our clubs an enormous amount more than they play for their country.

As for making money for the FA and UEFA, everyone in football is there to make more and more money. City are as guilty as anyone of this as this week's news on season tickets shows. It's blinkered to complain about one element of money being made because you don't particularly like it.

An excellent job? That's a silly statement. England underperformed close to every time they faced really decent teams in the major tournaments under Gareth Southgate.
He was useless because he was a loser who played dull and timid football.
In fairness, his record pisses all over every other England manager in history, apart from Ramsey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.