Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

I have no problem with appointing Tuchel at all.
Carsley is clearly a top coach BUT he hated the media conferences and, whether we like it or not, it's a vital part of the job.
It's fine when you're winning to be quiet, inconsistent with responses etc... but the press will be gunning for you if you lose.
I actually gave him credit for trying something different against Greece, but his comment about going back to the U21s was ill-judged.

'Listen Mate Ange' has had some very indifferent results at Spurs but he's a media darling because he's rent-a-quote.
That only works so long but it does buy a manager time.

However, I'm really surprised they didn't talk to Eddie Howe. That doesn't reflect well on the FA and their vision for coaches. Howe is a strong candidate. He's on mega money at Newcastle (a lot more than the England manager gets, apparently). But he's not as secure after Staveley and her husband left from what people are saying. Maybe Ashworth wants him at OT!!!!

IMO they clearly want Pep and I wonder if they are targeting him after the next World Cup.

Possibly not amongst fans, but many in the media who condemned Tuchel's appointment were celebrating Weigman's success a few years ago.
Cannot understand what all the fuss is about with Tuchel being German ?
England have had Capello & Sven previously - so a foreign coach is nothing new.
A few top clubs have had German players or coaches, who have been really popular with the fans e.g. Uwe, Bert, Klinsmann, even Klopp.
Only Eddie Howe or Graham Potter can currently be considered as "good" English coaches ?
So who should have the English F.A. appointed ?

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest Pep wouldn't be a great success if he managed the England team.
His strength is coming up with complex systems and tactics, and it takes time to drill these into a squad of players. He wouldn't have that time as England manager during international breaks. - Even having the squad for five weeks before a tournament might not be long enough. He also likes squad stability over a few seasons, which would not be possible in international football.
His best point would be ignoring calls to pick the latest over-hyped rag Muppet, and telling the media exactly why he'd ignored those calls.

Johnny Boulders will be Tommy's new captain.

Nailed on Declan Rice I reckon.

Stones is too injury prone now and I think it would be wise not to start building a defense around him despite him being England's best central defender.

Big 6 months for Stones in my opinion, both for club and country. His body seems to be going through a really difficult time as of the last 12 months or so.

2 finals and a semi final , complete failure.
You either win a trophy or don't. I suppose he got unlucky in only playing average teams up until he didn't and lost.

The Frank Bruno of football, you can't just punch fat doormen all your career. You eventually meet someone half decent.

It's a knockout.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.