"Those were the days my friend" song

" The posts are made of plastic, the netting is elastic

Jim Holton is a spastic, the Busby family....."

Addams family tune.....

How about the tune that was blown on the great big horns when the ships returned in the classic film The Vikings

DA DAAA DA
DA DAAA DA
DA DADA DADA DAAAA

:-)

Still sort of lives on, only now it's 'Best Team In the Land' etc.

strongbowholic said:
DA DAAA DA
DA DAAA DA
DA DADA DADA DAAAA

I remember the day it got its first airing... away at Norwich, we won 2-0 with goals from Royle and Kidd, both in the last 5 minutes.

Oh happy days.

Soulboy said:
strongbowholic said:
DA DAAA DA
DA DAAA DA
DA DADA DADA DAAAA

I remember the day it got its first airing... away at Norwich, we won 2-0 with goals from Royle and Kidd, both in the last 5 minutes.

Oh happy days.

First time I heard it too.

wearethesouthstand said:
LongsightM13 said:
Can anyone remember the full words and tune to the Sha la la la Summerbee song? Before my time but my dad said it was a Kippax classic

he came to city from swindon town
sha la summerbee
little did they know that he was best around
sha la summerbee

sha la la la summerbee
who the f---ing hell is he?
the greatest centre forward in history
united 1 and city 3
georgie best has got vd

i remember the sha la la la summerbee song in the late 60's ,but was only a little kid at the time .so when i asked my dad what the kippax were singing he told me that they were singing that georgie best had knobbly knees- i fully believed this at the time and now i've just read the above post and have a had alittle chuckle to myself about him "protecting" my innocent ears (r.i.p big fella !!!)

Now those were the days! all together now, ' In the Liverpool slums, In the Liverpool slums, They look in the dustbin for sumthing 2 eat, They find a dead dog & they think it's a treat, In the Liverpool slums' No wot I mean like. LOL gud banter.

Where is Gerry Gow? said:
Now those were the days! all together now, ' In the Liverpool slums, In the Liverpool slums, They look in the dustbin for sumthing 2 eat, They find a dead dog & they think it's a treat, In the Liverpool slums' No wot I mean like. LOL gud banter.

It was a dead cat! lol

tamblue said:
How about the tune that was blown on the great big horns when the ships returned in the classic film The Vikings

Yeah, that one morphed to "Best team in the land and all the world"

Shame to let this thread die

Didsbury Dave said:
tamblue said:

Yeah, that one morphed to "Best team in the land and all the world"

Shame to let this thread die

Agreed Dave, cracking thread. Think we have run out of songs though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.