Thoughts on Yesterdays Attendance and Crowd Makeup

jrb

First of all I'd like to thank both clubs on the ticket pricing. It worked. :-) Great to see the Etihad packed for a FA Cup 3rd round tie.

Plenty of new fans turned up yesterday.(bodes well for the stadium expansion) Loads stood around me. Plenty of Youngsters. Middle aged Man and Women(who got a flag) didn't know any songs and looked slightly aghast when the chants containing swear words were aired. However, that is the nature of the beast in Block 111.

Overall yesterday was a roaring success in my opinion. Yes City may haven't made as much money on ticket sales, but souvenir and refreshment sales must have rocketed. Not only that, I 'm sure the players appreciated a packed stadium, instead of a half empty one.

I hope City repeat a similar pricing policy if we're at home again in the 4th round.

PS. Big thanks to City and the BA for the banners and flags. Added a bit of colour to the terraces.

GStar said:
I seem to remember us generally having a decent attendance for FA cup games.

It was a full house when Forest hammered us iirc.

As far as I can remember City have never sold out for a 3rd FA Cup tie at home(Maine Road as well), apart from United last season. Certainly not against the likes of Watford, etc.

jrb said:
First of all I'd like to thank both clubs on the ticket pricing. It worked. :-) Great to see the Etihad packed for a FA Cup 3rd round tie.

Plenty of new fans turned up yesterday. Loads stood around me. Plenty of Youngsters. Middle aged Man and Women(who got a flag) didn't know any songs and looked slightly aghast when the chants containing swear words were aired. However, that is the nature of the beast in Block 111.

Overall yesterday was a roaring success in my opinion. Yes City may haven't made as much money on ticket sales, but souvenir and refreshment sales must have rocketed. Not only that, I 'm sure the players appreciated a packed stadium, instead of a half empty one.

I hope City repeat a similar pricing policy if we're at home again in the 4th round.

PS. Big thanks to City and the BA for the banners and flags. Added a bit of colour to the terraces.
Good day to be a blue - let's hope for another home draw and a repeat exercise.

There weren't many kids around me, but I noticed loads on the way to the game, and good to see so many away fans with colours on at the ground. Seems like only City, Sunderland an Newcastle wear colours at the ground

Manx Blue said:
Crowd Makeup?

Maybe its Maybeline!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Quite a few in 109/110 who couldn't find their seats and didn't realise that Rows AA-DD are not rows A-D.

As for the crowd make-up, I didn't put any moisturiser on but Matty had his foundation on and had plucked his eye-brows.

Stop it. :-)

The composition or constitution of something

Obviously the attendance was good but nothing else was. Atmosphere was the worst I've ever seen when the away fans have brought 6k, and I have another criticism as well. *major tin hat time, in fact, I am immediately withdrawing to the bunker after this post* The Blue Alliance killed any chance of an atmosphere in 109-111. I am sincerely not trying to have a go at the Blue Alliance. They're great blues and I'm sure they don't do what they do on purpose, but I can finally see why the atmosphere is so sterile in the South Stand. They kind of take over but instead of helping spread the songs, they move straight down the repertoire. They are just noisy enough to stop others spreading songs, but they are not persistent enough with one song to get others joining. The match isn't a coach or train trip, or sitting outside a bar on a European away day, where you're entitled to go through your whole repertoire, including songs you've made up yourself. At the match you should be trying to create as much noise as possible, if that means singing songs other fans know better, or even just persisting with one song (other than Toure Boys - which was pretty funny) for more than a minute, then that's what you should do.

*off to the bunker I go*. Sorry Blue Alliance, I am trying to speak the truth and hopefully you may take some constructive criticism from it.

jrb said:

Plenty of new fans turned up yesterday.(bodes well for the stadium expansion) Loads stood around me. Plenty of Youngsters. Middle aged Man and Women(who got a flag) didn't know any songs and looked slightly aghast when the chants containing swear words were aired. However, that is the nature of the beast in Block 111.

I´m pretty sure City knows exactly how ticket prices affect attendances, and that it will be taken into consideration when stadium expansions are discussed.
The priority might become to have a revenue generating operation around the stadium itself as contrast to the current ticket prices in the prem.
If there´s an expansion on the stadium I mean..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.