Thoughts on Yesterdays Attendance and Crowd Makeup

dom said:
Didsbury Dave said:
dom said:
Some useful points, only problem is your sadly patronising tone .
I am not and never will be an 'uber fan' and as a bloke in his 50's have as much right to scream and shout as anyone else...

I had no idea that there was a 'non singing section' designated by the club .. but perhaps that might be a useful place for some...
But you have no right to stand up and block an old person's view. Which is clearly what you were doing to this lady.

No one in city's history has ever tried to stop any other fan from signing or cheering their team on.

OK DD have to concede here

I'm back to to the noisy areas !!!!

Fair enough mate.

i was in CB3 for this game, it looked like it was full of people who havent been for a while or first timers. that is great. get them hooked

it was very quiet and the seats are very steep, i jumped up very tentatively when we scored

the problem with the atmosphere is caused by moving the singing section when we have big away following. move them to the top tier

Lots of new faces and people I didn't recognise around me, even though I was in my usual seat ... it's got to be good to get new people in and hopefully get them hooked ... especially kids. Shows also that City are a big draw these days.

I still remember the first time ever I walked up the steps at Maine Road and looked out across the pitch. I was mesmerised and have watched City ever since. I hope a few kids felt the same way on Saturday.

Let's hope stadium expansion goes ahead with a sensible pricing structure to make sure it's full every week. Anything else would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

I (and my 3 young sons) relocated from family stand to CB3 for the game.
To people around us maybe we look liked newcomers.

Anyway, I enjoyed the atmosphere up there - not rocking but better than where I usually sit.

baildon blue said:
waspish said:
Caveman said:
Great crowd. £15 a ticket and only sell out for a none derby FA Cup game since, when...? Even Reading for the quarter final wasn't a sell out the other season.

Atmosphere was dreadful again though. Our home atmosphere has gone to pot. The vocal areas are simply not big enough and when it's the FA Cup with 5800 away fans - forget it!

Think we drew Villa in the early 90"s in 3rd round that was a sell out we won 1-0 to a Paul Walsh goal
That was the 4th round in 1995

When the Kippax was closed and the capacity was about 22,000

Blue Theatre said:
Lots of new faces and people I didn't recognise around me, even though I was in my usual seat ... it's got to be good to get new people in and hopefully get them hooked ... especially kids. Shows also that City are a big draw these days.

I still remember the first time ever I walked up the steps at Maine Road and looked out across the pitch. I was mesmerised and have watched City ever since. I hope a few kids felt the same way on Saturday.

Let's hope stadium expansion goes ahead with a sensible pricing structure to make sure it's full every week. Anything else would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

dont think a lot of the people that went were new people, know loads of fans that used to go all the time at maine road, but now cant afford it. If you drop ticket prices these priced out fans will come back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.