Thoughts on Yesterdays Attendance and Crowd Makeup

Skashion said:
Obviously the attendance was good but nothing else was. Atmosphere was the worst I've ever seen when the away fans have brought 6k, and I have another criticism as well. *major tin hat time, in fact, I am immediately withdrawing to the bunker after this post* The Blue Alliance killed any chance of an atmosphere in 109-111. I am sincerely not trying to have a go at the Blue Alliance. They're great blues and I'm sure they don't do what they do on purpose, but I can finally see why the atmosphere is so sterile in the South Stand. They kind of take over but instead of helping spread the songs, they move straight down the repertoire. They are just noisy enough to stop others spreading songs, but they are not persistent enough with one song to get others joining. The match isn't a coach or train trip, or sitting outside a bar on a European away day, where you're entitled to go through your whole repertoire, including songs you've made up yourself. At the match you should be trying to create as much noise as possible, if that means singing songs other fans know better, or even just persisting with one song (other than Toure Boys - which was pretty funny) for more than a minute, then that's what you should do.

*off to the bunker I go*. Sorry Blue Alliance, I am trying to speak the truth and hopefully you may take some constructive criticism from it.

I concur.

Great crowd. £15 a ticket and only sell out for a none derby FA Cup game since, when...? Even Reading for the quarter final wasn't a sell out the other season.

Atmosphere was dreadful again though. Our home atmosphere has gone to pot. The vocal areas are simply not big enough and when it's the FA Cup with 5800 away fans - forget it!

Caveman said:
Great crowd. £15 a ticket and only sell out for a none derby FA Cup game since, when...? Even Reading for the quarter final wasn't a sell out the other season.

Atmosphere was dreadful again though. Our home atmosphere has gone to pot. The vocal areas are simply not big enough and when it's the FA Cup with 5800 away fans - forget it!

mine was 20 quid lol

mancityvstoke said:
Caveman said:

mine was 20 quid lol

As a cup scheme member I was charged £20 and allocated a second tier seat. When they re opened the third tier I rang and asked to be moved back. Got £20 refunded and sold a new ticket for £15.

I saw a lot of priced out City fans taking their kids to probably their first game, was nice to see.

Caveman said:

Think we drew Villa in the early 90"s in 3rd round that was a sell out we won 1-0 to a Paul Walsh goal

waspish said:
Caveman said:

Think we drew Villa in the early 90"s in 3rd round that was a sell out we won 1-0 to a Paul Walsh goal
That was the 4th round in 1995

Good game, good crowd, good atmosphere (not geat), some nice flags. I wonder what some on here expect, it can't be absolutely wonderful and out of this world at every home game.

We made the move from CB3 to East level 2 for the day. Padded seats - nice. Restrained shouting... not so nice. It was like a mortuary at one point - I was worried about chanting for fear of waking the dead. We'll be sticking with CB3.

If people aren't going to show any passion / enthusiasm for the game, they should stay at home.

I've been to England u-21 games where the majority of the crowd were kids and the noise was mental. Why wasn't it like that yesterday?

Watford fans gave a good show until they ruined it by chanting for the rags.... Worst away chanting I've ever heard.

Alex the Blue said:
Good game, good crowd, good atmosphere (not geat), some nice flags. I wonder what some on here expect, it can't be absolutely wonderful and out of this world at every home game.
It would be nice to have a cup tie atmosphere like Hamburg the ground was rocking that night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.