Thoughts on Yesterdays Attendance and Crowd Makeup

I was moved from my usual seat down to CB L1. To my surprise the atmosphere was worse down there than in L3. And the people around me were nearly all over 40. We have an ageing support.

We certainly do and while we rightly try to target the younger age range, we should also be trying to temp those aged 16-25 to come along, due to the miseries of the past we lost a whole age group which hopefully will not happen again.

I hope the club if we get another home tie should we progress further will do this again although this is dependent on the away team playing ball, we should be doing everything we can to get non regular attendees into the habit of being a regular which is an absolute must should we increase the capacity.

On another point i thought the flags were superb, lets hope there are more next time and it becomes a regular things.

argyle said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Quite a few in 109/110 who couldn't find their seats and didn't realise that Rows AA-DD are not rows A-D.

As for the crowd make-up, I didn't put any moisturiser on but Matty had his foundation on and had plucked his eye-brows.

[bigimg]http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/happy-oh-stop-it-you-l.png[/bigimg]

See, told you you'd applied rouge....

masterwig said:
I was moved from my usual seat down to CB L1. To my surprise the atmosphere was worse down there than in L3. And the people around me were nearly all over 40. We have an ageing support.

If you were in CBL1 aisle 125 you might have seen/heard a rather elderly lady trying to get some singing going, strangely enough almost every song that I sang, ALONE, was then somehow taken up by the people in the corners of both that stand and the East stand!!

In other words, do NOT tar all over 40s with the same brush. Generalisations just annoy people. I always sing, I am always quite loud (only at the matches) and get laughed at quite a lot but it doesn't stop me. I find the youngsters are the quietest people around anyway. (See I can do generalisations as well!!)

Rant over. And I guess I wait for the backlash, but I am sorry I am getting fed up with this atmosphere no good, older fan base no good. We are just as good as anyone else. We are all City fans and we sing or not according to how we feel. I always feel like singing and shouting for my/our team. If others don't so be it.

p.s. yes you rattled my cage!!! :-)

Our problem is that those that want to sing are just too thinly spread around the ground.

I always sit at the back in 131.
There must be a 90% uptake of seats by season card holders in the 5 or 6 rows around us, made up of every age group, kids, middle aged, elderly etc, with the average age I guess around 40.
At the Watford games there were about 10 or 12 new faces in the seats closeby, again with a broad mix of ages from kids to the elderly. There were 2 obvious first timers in their national atire taking photo's etc and most had a shout and sing occasionally.
Now, somebody earlier stated we have an aging fan base, the family stand is 2 blocks to my left and it sounded like a school playground, more so than at a Premiership game. Tonnes of kids in there having fun, singing and clapping players.
So, aging no, broad in appeal yes, but the club is also clearly bringing fans back who haven't been for years, in particular with the lower prices for tickets as per the Watford game.
Expand the capacity, price it right and they will come, as seen on Saturday, and they bring their kids and grandkids, clearly.

Eccles Blue said:
masterwig said:

If you were in CBL1 aisle 125 you might have seen/heard a rather elderly lady trying to get some singing going, strangely enough almost every song that I sang, ALONE, was then somehow taken up by the people in the corners of both that stand and the East stand!!

In other words, do NOT tar all over 40s with the same brush. Generalisations just annoy people. I always sing, I am always quite loud (only at the matches) and get laughed at quite a lot but it doesn't stop me. I find the youngsters are the quietest people around anyway. (See I can do generalisations as well!!)

Rant over. And I guess I wait for the backlash, but I am sorry I am getting fed up with this atmosphere no good, older fan base no good. We are just as good as anyone else. We are all City fans and we sing or not according to how we feel. I always feel like singing and shouting for my/our team. If others don't so be it.

Absolutely spot on. Bloody kids think there the only ones who've got it going on.
Most of the under 25s who watch the game through an i pad.FFS

mammutly said:
Eccles Blue said:
masterwig said:

Absolutely spot on. Bloody kids think there the only ones who've got it going on.
Most of the under 25s who watch the game through an i pad.FFS

Strangely enough mammutly, as with everyone else there were a lot of 'newbies' around on the front row and there were two of them with ipads!! Both in their early 20s.

It was great to see so many kids there and great to see so many young girls too. Well done City as you have them for life now.

I was in CB3 and the atmosphere has been worse at many games i have attended.

Also after the game i was speaking to some Watford fans who thought the pricing was brilliant and he had brought his kids up for the day and despite the loss they had absolutly loved Manchester, the Etihad and the game. They were amazed how friendly everyone was and said they loved the pictures around the stadium. Great PR for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.