Three horse race

Spurs still in this if they wim their game in hand v Everton at home on the 11th.

Top 3 decided. The order is up for grabs.

im probably going to get hung for this but im not sure who id rater see win it if we dont....utd, chelski or spurs....

im starting to hate spurs more than anyone as i just think they are so overrated...yes they are a good team but all this about them playing the most attractive football in the league and how good modric is and vdv etc.......just gets so annoying and redknapp as well and his ass kissing of sky and the british media!!!!! the man is like rent a qoute!

LoveCity said:
Rumours that Chelsea will spend 150mil in January but might be too late for them even if they signed Messi. Next season though Chelsea will be red hot I'd guess, this would be a good time for us to get our first league title in yonks as it will only get harder I feel when Chelsea and the rags spend.
Can you see Terry,Drogba, Lampard playing for Chelsea next season? I hope so. Will cost £150m to replace those 3, and if it worked for City it can work for CFC but only if AVB is the equal of Mancini. He looks faintly ridiculous to me, but then I want him to be

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:
Rumours that Chelsea will spend 150mil in January but might be too late for them even if they signed Messi. Next season though Chelsea will be red hot I'd guess, this would be a good time for us to get our first league title in yonks as it will only get harder I feel when Chelsea and the rags spend.
Can you see Terry,Drogba, Lampard playing for Chelsea next season? I hope so. Will cost £150m to replace those 3, and if it worked for City it can work for CFC but only if AVB is the equal of Mancini. He looks faintly ridiculous to me, but then I want him to be

They want Gotze to replace Lampard and Cavani to replace Drogba (or Torres), both would be incredible signings. The only one that doesn't worry me is that they're going for Cahill to replace Terry and Cahill is the latest myth created by our media.

My hatred of Spurs knows no bounds. Big mouth fans, chancer of a manager who shamelessly taps up all and sundry on SSN, media darlings and that cnut Adebayor up front. That said I cannot dismiss their title challenge like some Blues and it would not surprise me in the least if they won it.
They lost their first 2 to us and the rags, got robbed blind at Stoke and conceded a last minute equaliser at Newcastle. That aside though they have ripped into everyone else, with only Chelsea getting so much as a point off them.
What concerns me is that they create sackfuls of chances in every game, and crucially, like the rags, they never look like getting frustrated by bus parkers because they have the pace, width and crossing accuracy to get in behind deep lying teams again and again. This is an option we just do not have at our disposal and each time we have faced an 8 man defence and a couple of pacy forwards we have struggled to create anything [Napoli (h) and (a), Villareal (h), Liverpool (a), West Brom (a)]. In addition, they have skilfully gotten themselves knocked out of the Europa League, and their next 6 games are Swansea, West Brom, Wolves, Everton, Wigan and us. I genuinely can't see them losing, or even drawing, to any team outside of the top 6. I can't say the same of City and we absolutely have to beat them on Jan 22nd.

Marvin said:
Super David Silva 21 said:
Is it just me who thinks it's silly half way through a season to say arsenal, chelsea Spuds and to a lesser extent Liverpool are out of the title race???

Few injuries to key players here and there lose 2-3 games it's all still on.

But of course were gonna win the league with scoring 127 goals in the process
After this weekend it;'s looking more than ever like 1 from the top 3

Arsenal and Chelsea's belief that they can win it has already gone judging by the way they played at home to poor opponents

That may be bad news for City as I was counting on them taking points off Utd

They'll fight their lives for 4th spot so don't worry, they are all going to be motivated against them and us too

Exeter Blue I am here said:
My hatred of Spurs knows no bounds. Big mouth fans, chancer of a manager who shamelessly taps up all and sundry on SSN, media darlings and that cnut Adebayor up front. That said I cannot dismiss their title challenge like some Blues and it would not surprise me in the least if they won it.
They lost their first 2 to us and the rags, got robbed blind at Stoke and conceded a last minute equaliser at Newcastle. That aside though they have ripped into everyone else, with only Chelsea getting so much as a point off them.
What concerns me is that they create sackfuls of chances in every game, and crucially, like the rags, they never look like getting frustrated by bus parkers because they have the pace, width and crossing accuracy to get in behind deep lying teams again and again. This is an option we just do not have at our disposal and each time we have faced an 8 man defence and a couple of pacy forwards we have struggled to create anything [Napoli (h) and (a), Villareal (h), Liverpool (a), West Brom (a)]. In addition, they have skilfully gotten themselves knocked out of the Europa League, and their next 6 games are Swansea, West Brom, Wolves, Everton, Wigan and us. I genuinely can't see them losing, or even drawing, to any team outside of the top 6. I can't say the same of City and we absolutely have to beat them on Jan 22nd.

Spurs are a good side of that there is no doubt. BUt are they good enough to win the league? The two big questions are how they will fare against the other top sides plus how they will fare when a well organised side literally parks the bus.

Three recent games suggest they are not all that good. Away at Stoke they lost.Maybe a little unlucky but that's life there will be occasions when the luck is against you.Then at home v Chelsea they looked ok for a while but by they only drew and that was overall a fair result.Finally at Norwich they did look good but that's against a weak side who tried to play football.

Why the hell did Norwich play that way against a side who want them to do exactly that.We saw the exact opposite against WBA who just parked the whole team behind the ball.That's the way these weak sides have to play against the top 3 teams.Would City have beaten WBA if they had played like Norwich? You bet we would so let's see how Spurs fair against the bus parkers.

Cobwebcat said:
I really think the gap is too big for Arsenal Liverpool and Chelsea now.

If Spurs didn't have that game in hand at home to Everton I'd say it was already down to two.

The rags are amazing. Nothing on paper, tons of injuries, battered by us and they are STILL only 2 points behind us..... It makes no difference.

Jelly and ice cream is the only solution it seems.
Liverpool are nowhere near good enough. They won't even challenge for fourth, let alone the title. They only turn up against big teams.

Arsenal are better than Liverpool, but still won't challenge for the title.

There's still 60 points to play for. All it takes is Chelsea to sign two decent players and go on a run of 7 wins in 8 and they'll be right up there.

It's not an any horse race at the moment, it's too early in the season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.