Three horse race

I also think it's between us and them. Although I wouldn't rule Spurs and Chelsea right out of it just yet, I would say their chances are extremely low.

I'll probably get a bit of stick for this, but I'd say United are still favourites to win it. Over a matter of 2 points difference the team who have proven they can win it previously will always be favourites. That said, I reckon we have a better chance of winning it this year than Chelsea had last year. The line between us and United is very fine in terms of winning mentality and for me it really will be a matter of a few points. Maybe it'll come down to the game at our place in April. I hope it does, what a finale that'd be.

SkyBlueFlux said:
I also think it's between us and them. Although I wouldn't rule Spurs and Chelsea right out of it just yet, I would say their chances are extremely low.

I'll probably get a bit of stick for this, but I'd say United are still favourites to win it. Over a matter of 2 points difference the team who have proven they can win it previously will always be favourites. That said, I reckon we have a better chance of winning it this year than Chelsea had last year. The line between us and United is very fine in terms of winning mentality and for me it really will be a matter of a few points. Maybe it'll come down to the game at our place in April. I hope it does, what a finale that'd be.

I think we have to considor ourselves favourites when you considor against those sides outside of the 'Top 6' both teams would hope to win every game. Granted there will be slip ups but you'd still have both sides as favourites in all of those fixtures. Then considor those games against sides inside the top 6; You have to expect that with our home form and especially with united to come at home (this is our potential safety net being so close to the end of the season allowing us to marginally slip behind if needs be in the race in the run in and yet still keep things in our own hands) that we are going to take more points, we have to be favourites now.

City
United (H), Chelsea (H), Liverpool (H), Spurs (H), Arsenal (A)

United
City (A), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (A), Spurs (A), Liverpool (H)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... gue/winner</a>

Bookies seem to think its a 2 horse race ......

chelsea shortest price to win 16s, Spurs 18s

rags shortest price 7-4 with sky bet

or you can back king kenny at 100-1 (and thats the shortest price)

Is it just me who thinks it's silly half way through a season to say arsenal, chelsea Spuds and to a lesser extent Liverpool are out of the title race???

Few injuries to key players here and there lose 2-3 games it's all still on.

But of course were gonna win the league with scoring 127 goals in the process

Super David Silva 21 said:
Is it just me who thinks it's silly half way through a season to say arsenal, chelsea Spuds and to a lesser extent Liverpool are out of the title race???

No; it's not just you. I wouldn't rule any of them out of it, though the dippers will have to perform miracles to overtake both us and the dark side of the force. Spurs are certainly still in it, although they normally fade away when spring arrives. As for Chelsea and Arsenal, it's too early to categorically rule them out. Either of them could go on a fantastic run of, say, 10 wins on the bounce. That would put pressure on us. RM said 90 points should win the title this season. That means 15 wins and a draw in our last 21 games. Do-able.

3 horse race. Both the Rags and Spurs will probably strengthen in January. Spurs wont have the europa league to clog their fixture list. They will probably give the fa cup a good go but they will concentrate on keeping on our heels in the hope that "it could happen for them". We all know they have the quality. Baconface will have some first team players back from injury soon. He will use the 6-1 as a motivator to keep focused on the target and get a little lead going into the last third of the season. We have a huge task ahead of us given the competitions we are still in but if Bob manages to "do this" it will be magnificent achievement.

Rumours that Chelsea will spend 150mil in January but might be too late for them even if they signed Messi. Next season though Chelsea will be red hot I'd guess, this would be a good time for us to get our first league title in yonks as it will only get harder I feel when Chelsea and the rags spend.

LoveCity said:
Rumours that Chelsea will spend 150mil in January but might be too late for them even if they signed Messi. Next season though Chelsea will be red hot I'd guess, this would be a good time for us to get our first league title in yonks as it will only get harder I feel when Chelsea and the rags spend.

this.

Prem will get harder to win every year.

Chelsea and Liverpool are out; ManUre are obviously the biggest threat but am not counting out Spuds at all. they are looking good of late.

Super David Silva 21 said:

After this weekend it;'s looking more than ever like 1 from the top 3

Arsenal and Chelsea's belief that they can win it has already gone judging by the way they played at home to poor opponents

That may be bad news for City as I was counting on them taking points off Utd

If bobby is right about 90pts then liverpool need 59 from a possible 60 Arsenal 57 & Chelsea 56 not going to happen . So if 90 is the winning post then its 1 from 3 . I hope the team has more bottle & belief than some on here because its going to atough battle right to the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.