Three horse race

Chelsea are gone...

11 points is hard to catch when you're 2nd. It's still doable because one team could always have a run of bad games but it's enough hard.

When you have 2 very good teams with 11 points more, than game's over baby. No chance both of them would slip enough to overrun them.

i think it's safe to say all three clubs will have a similar record against the teams not in the top 6, it ill all come down to who takes most points of the clubs around them. you would hope this puts us in pole position as we play most of these teams at home.

the key for me will be the 4 weeks from the end of Jan to Feb, the Rags play Arse & Chelsea away and Stoke and the Dippers at home. Although i think they will beat Stoke i feel they may only get 7 points out of a possible 12. who knows they may not even get that.

danburge82 said:
Cobwebcat said:
I really think the gap is too big for Arsenal Liverpool and Chelsea now.

If Spurs didn't have that game in hand at home to Everton I'd say it was already down to two.

The rags are amazing. Nothing on paper, tons of injuries, battered by us and they are STILL only 2 points behind us..... It makes no difference.

Jelly and ice cream is the only solution it seems.
Liverpool are nowhere near good enough. They won't even challenge for fourth, let alone the title. They only turn up against big teams.

Arsenal are better than Liverpool, but still won't challenge for the title.

There's still 60 points to play for. All it takes is Chelsea to sign two decent players and go on a run of 7 wins in 8 and they'll be right up there.

It's not an any horse race at the moment, it's too early in the season!

I think we will find out a lot about Liverpool in the Carling Cup games not to mention the league game in a few days. They are not a threat for the title but they are a decent side and for some reason away from home more than at home.

Most games they havent won they probably should or at least easily could have so they are not far away.Just lacking a real goalscorer but we must not take them lightly or else we are asking for serious trouble.

Liverpool are fighting for 4th and in with a chance thanks to the meltdown of Arsenal and Chelsea.

And meltdown is not too strong. 1-1 at home to 10 man Wolves with Attwell ignoring double-kick by Song.

I'm not quite getting this media w4nkfest about Spurs they have taken just 8 points from teams in the top 8. As someone else posted they do the business against lower teams but bottle it in the big games. Also, the myth that is Bale !! Will have good games against the fodder but never seen him tear top 4 teams apart.

After Saturdays result v Wigan wouldnt be surprised if baconface doesnt go into the transfer window after all. He would find winning the title with what is arguably there weakest squad littered with injuries and fighting off probably the strongest set of contenders he's ever faced as his best achievement yet.

Next 10 games will be interesting

City--

Sunderland (A)
Liverpool (H)
Wigan (A)
Spurs (H)
Everton (A)
Fulham (H)
Villa (A)
Blackburn (H)
Bolton (H)
Swansea (A)

Rags

Blackburn (H)
Newcastle (A)
Bolton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Stoke (H)
Chelsea (A)
Liverpool (H)
Norwich (A)
Spurs (A)
WBA (H)

City could easily win all 10 of those. (I know it won't happen) Anyway realistically I have us down for 26 points drawing with Spurs and Everton just can't for the love of me see any others take points from us (unless they manage to defend like WBA)

Rags will Defo drop more points in the next 10 than us (or they should do) I have them Down for 22 points losing @ Arsenal Spurs and drawing with Chelsea.

I worked through all the fixtures for the season and I get us and the rags only 2 points apart us 94 and them 92 it must surely come down to who wins the derby it's gunna be very close and very nerve racking :( Come on blues :)

As for a 3 horse race I just can't see Spurs keeping pace they'll finish 10+ behind us and rags.

You're writing off Spurs too easily. They have absolutely proved themselves this season.

It's New Year, they're 7 points behind with game more to play and looking at their schedule, it's hard to see who could take a single point from them before they come to us so they could come with only 4 points behind.

And if there is one match where I'm afraid for final score it's the one against them. They play the football that could make a damage for us. First match was played in completely different and strange situation for them and could not be used as a real showcase.

citytill1die84 said:
Next 10 games will be interesting

City--

Sunderland (A)
Liverpool (H)
Wigan (A)
Spurs (H)
Everton (A)
Fulham (H)
Villa (A)
Blackburn (H)
Bolton (H)
Swansea (A)

Rags

Blackburn (H)
Newcastle (A)
Bolton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Stoke (H)
Chelsea (A)
Liverpool (H)
Norwich (A)
Spurs (A)
WBA (H)

City could easily win all 10 of those. (I know it won't happen) Anyway realistically I have us down for 26 points drawing with Spurs and Everton just can't for the love of me see any others take points from us (unless they manage to defend like WBA)

Rags will Defo drop more points in the next 10 than us (or they should do) I have them Down for 22 points losing @ Arsenal Spurs and drawing with Chelsea.

I worked through all the fixtures for the season and I get us and the rags only 2 points apart us 94 and them 92 it must surely come down to who wins the derby it's gunna be very close and very nerve racking :( Come on blues :)

As for a 3 horse race I just can't see Spurs keeping pace they'll finish 10+ behind us and rags.
I can't see City and Utd's runs continuing because January and February are tougher in terms of the number of games. I don't see City winning 8 and drawing 2 of the next 10, but I do see us taking more points than Utd which is what matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.