Three questions you'd ask Manuel Pellegrini

1. Why am I sat in Barcelona in reading about this squad rotational fuck up again

2. Why am I not booking my train to Wembley

3. Why am I not booking my hotel for wembley

Squad rotation Sunderland (a), Blackburn, Watford ! first eleven brilliant.

Richards, MDM Boyata fucking shite he had a chance in January to sort this out. Just glad MDM was injured for the first 6 weeks

1. How old are you really

2. So, what's the grand plan?

3. Are the top youth players really worse than Richards, Boyata et al

1. Would you rather; set fire to our stadium or play 1 striker?

2. Why won't you play Jimmy Milner? Is it because he's alot better at being "boring" than you?

3. Who is on top more often? You or Demichelis?

Marvin said:
Hart of the matter said:
We have won a trophy FFS. Get real. We are not going to win everything. Calling for his head, even if we do not win the league is just nuts. Our CB issue is critical. MP likes defenders to play on front foot, nick the ball and pass forward with precision and pace. Attack starts from the back. VK can do all this and defend. Our other 3 cannot. DM can pass and step in but has lost legs and positional sense. Lescott can defend but the game grounds to a halt. Nasty is ok in all departments but not great in any of them.
Lest we forget, we are in transition. Our strikers have not scored for ages. Our squad has not been fully fit at any point this season and we have played more games than anyone else. My questions for MP:
How are we doing in our long term goal to have a set football philosophy across all our teams and when will it start to deliver for our first team?
What have you learnt about English football in your first 9 months?
How can we meet our homegrown quota in future without weakening our squad?
But Kompany was fit yet we played Demichelis. And Demichelis should not be playing despite the fact that he is quite a good footballer. He is a liability.

Some vald points, but this is a mature squad. Pellegrini's selection, his motivation of the players in these games, and his blind stubborn insistence f playing Demichelis threatens to destroy this season

A domestic treble was on. And it should have been. NO ONE HAS A SQUAD THIS STRONG

We should have won trophies across the board this season and last.

We only have a squad of around 14/15 players who can play without being a weakness to the team.This nonsense about how strong our squad is just doesn't stand up to scrutiny

Pantilimon distinctly average back up
Rodwell. Total waste of £16 million
Boyata. Championship player at best
Richards. Time to part company,not good enough & too injury prone
Clichy average defender far too one footed
DeMichellis far too slow,a liability
Garcia far too slow,just not good enough
Lescott ok as an actual defender but dreadful with a ball at his feet
Nastasic can't tackle,dives in recklessly and is a mistake waiting to happen

Put any 2 of that list in the side and we are instantly weaker,couple that with a slow build up & tempo and it's asking for trouble
Add to that Negredo terribly out of form or an uninterested Dzeko performance and it's not hard to see how we struggle,especially with such rigid tactics that are far too easy for any organised side to counter against.

Plaything of the gods said:
sky tot said:
Plaything of the gods said:
Personally I'd have started Milner as captain instead of Richards, if not Kompany, but from the starting 11 I'd have selected Lescott, but I'm not privy to the relative merits of the team members.
Why Lescott he`s no more more captain material than Yaya .. in a nutshell we lack leaders . only Komps & Zaba are anywhere near capable to wear the armband .So therefore I blame Pellers for not playing one of them .
Well both played full games midweek and are expected to start in Barcelona so I understand why he wanted to rest them. I was surprised that Kompany didn't come on for Demichelis at the start of the second half though. Hope he's not injured. I admit I chose Lescott by default from the starters and agree with you that there appear to be no natural leaders amongst them.

If I were picking the team I'd have started strong, hit Wigan hard and tried to kill the game early and then rest key players. Thus start Milner and Kompany for the right-sided defence and withdraw Kompany for Demichelis when Wigan were broken and Demichelis mistakes would be less frequent and less costly and pass the captaincy to Milner. I really don't get this start weak and slow, go behind and then chase the game attitude that the team, if not the manager, adopt for the 'weaker' opponents.

I'll be so disappointed if Demichelis isn't gone in the summer for a commanding CB that can step up to the captaincy in Kompany's absence. Also disappointed if makeweights Richards and Rodwell aren't sent out on PL loan to get some match practice and fitness and see whether they can actually cut the mustard; would need to get in a decent deputy RB as well of course.

Problem with this is that if the game doesnt go to plan then the "strong" players might have to play the full game He was obviously confident that is starting 11 could do the job and if not then make the changes from the bench If the plan worked then the "strong" players get the rest He wasn't looking at just yesterday or even just up to Barca he was anticipating that we could have another game to re-arrange due to the semi-final and even planing for the possible, if slight, chance that we could have further games in the ECL to accommodate. I can only imagine the furor on here if he had started strong and key players were injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.