Ticket Demand- last five fixtures

Dexter Morgan said:
Plenty left for Leeds, why when demand is so high for Newcastle? This is our last hope this season , why hasnt it sold out yet?

Not that many I,'d say no more than 200 It will sell out through the week. Still tickets for Wigan left too. I suppose Newcastle is the most attractive of the final 5 home games and probably the only one that will take up all the away allocation

The Final Five has now sold out.

If it's true the club where using it as an exercise to gauge demand for a possible stadium expansion, along with other ideas, they have their answer.

Fron the OS.

Supporters are advised that our allocation of Final Five tickets has now SOLD OUT.

Tickets are still available for our Barclays Premier League home fixture against Wigan, with prices form £20 for Adults and £5 for Juniors. Click here to buy online.

Hospitality is still available for our remaining fixtures, with prices starting from £125 plus VAT.

To view the facilities and find out more click here. To book, please call 0161 444 1894 (option 1, option 2) or email: hospitality@mcfc.co.uk.

Supporters who have purchased the Final Five will receive their ticket approximately 2 weeks prior to each fixture being played.

jrb said:

If it's true the club where using it as an exercise to gauge demand for a possible stadium expansion, along with other ideas, they have their answer.

How does selling 48,000 tickets for each game give any impression as to whether there is the demand to fill a 60/70/80 thousand capacity stadium?

jma said:
jrb said:

How does selling 48,000 tickets for each game give any impression as to whether there is the demand to fill a 60/70/80 thousand capacity stadium?
I think that it gives you an indication that it is more likely than if they hadn't sold 48,000 tickets.

I think its more to do with how much they can now charge us for a season ticket next season. that deal works out at £38.80 per game times that by 19 and you get £737.20. don't be surprised if theres an increase of 100 quid to next seasons ticket if not more :-( £38.80 a game is a fucking joke

gordondaviesmoustache said:
jma said:
jrb said:

I think that it gives you an indication that it is more likely than if they hadn't sold 48,000 tickets.

Almost every home game for the last three seasons has sold out, or been very close to selling out.

How does this scheme prove that there is 'extra demand' beyond the evidence provided by normal games, sold by normal measures?

mcfc1894 said:
I think its more to do with how much they can now charge us for a season ticket next season. that deal works out at £38.80 per game times that by 19 and you get £737.20. don't be surprised if theres an increase of 100 quid to next seasons ticket if not more :-( £38.80 a game is a fucking joke

I'm anticipating an increase similar to the last couple of seasons - in the region of £45-£50 for my seat. If they whack it up by £100 or more then the club might get a shock as I can see a fair number not renewing.

Hopefully that isn't the case and the price charged for these 5 game bundles isn't an indication of that. They do represent piss-poor value though and that's why I'm astonished so many have been sold.

M18CTID said:
mcfc1894 said:

I'm anticipating an increase similar to the last couple of seasons - in the region of £45-£50 for my seat. If they whack it up by £100 or more then the club might get a shock as I can see a fair number not renewing.

Hopefully that isn't the case and the price charged for these 5 game bundles isn't an indication of that. They do represent piss-poor value though and that's why I'm astonished so many have been sold.
they dont care who buys the tickets if the loyal fans who have been here for years cant afford it but a new comer can thay will be happy as its sold regardless pluss they probably wont have to mither him every 5 minutes to sit down or not to smoke in the toilet but dont worry should our success subdue they will come looking for us again

jma said:
jma said:

Almost every home game for the last three seasons has sold out, or been very close to selling out.

How does this scheme prove that there is 'extra demand' beyond the evidence provided by normal games, sold by normal measures?
Have you ever knowingly been subject to any form of sarcasm?

jma said:
jma said:

Well, I'll answer it myself then.

This scheme gives absolutely no evidence as to whether there is demand to fill a significantly expanded stadium. At a push, and if you were being extremely generous, you might be able to construct an argument that says as it has allowed none members to buy tickets, it shows that a few thousand. non members are interested in buying tickets and therefore there might be demand for a 55,000 stadium.

But, that is nonsense really and not even something the club would dare put forward as a reason for this rip off scheme.

It is a reasoning, an excuse plucked out of thin air,without evidence, by a few fans who are desperate to make excuses for every rip off scheme that the club come out with. Based on no realistic evidence whatsoever.

The aims of this little scheme are two fold and have nothing to do with 'gauging' demand for a huge new stadium expansion.

They are:

a) first and foremost, to squeeze significantly more money out of City fans for seats that already, before the price increases associated with this scheme, are sold to Blue members at some ridiculous prices.

and

b) to find a snide way to make the tickets available to the sort of Johnny Come Lately, non City supporting numpties that filled the ground at the Real Madrid home game, by limiting the time that they were on sale to the people (members) who would usually buy them and excluding some of those members, those who cannot spare £250 up front, from buying them. Filling the stadium with these sort of numpties is much more appealing to a cynical numbers man as they spend far more money on tat and are more gloryhunting clowns added to 'the brand'. That it excludes some loyal fans and also totally changes the terms for which many City fans have bought (yes, for cold hard cash) membership and the already scandelous 'Match Ticket Priority' scheme is not something that troubles them.

Defend that sort of cynical ripping off of loyal City fans if you want. But come up with a reason that is more grounded in reality than "it tests demand for stadium expansion".<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:38 pm --<br /><br />
jma said:

Have you ever knowingly been subject to any form of sarcasm?

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Sarcasm is hard to separate from certain posting styles. Thanks for the sarcastic contribution though, if that's what it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.