Ticket Demand- last five fixtures

jma said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
jma said:
Almost every home game for the last three seasons has sold out, or been very close to selling out.

How does this scheme prove that there is 'extra demand' beyond the evidence provided by normal games, sold by normal measures?
Have you ever knowingly been subject to any form of sarcasm?

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Sarcasm is hard to separate from certain posting styles. Thanks for the sarcastic contribution though, if that's what it was.
I think my sarcasm is well known enough on here to those that can spot it. It's a shame for you that even upon second reading of my comment you are not one of them.

You really are missing out.

jma said:
Have you ever knowingly been subject to any form of sarcasm?

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Sarcasm is hard to separate from certain posting styles. Thanks for the sarcastic contribution though, if that's what it was.
I think my sarcasm is well known enough on here to those that can spot it. It's a shame for you that even upon second reading of my comment you are not one of them.

Look, just to be clear on this, I am not part of a cosy little group on here that slap each other on the back and try desperately to give the impression of some sort of superior, scathing, detached intellect.

However, my knowledge of your posts does include something sticking in my mind that you have regularly opposed things that I have put on here, sometimes in a particularly smug, self satisfied way. Not that that is a problem in itself. I'm sure I could be accused of the same thing, being smug, on occasions. But if you are prone to doing that, I think it is a bit rich to desire people to differentiation between that same style and sarcasm which closely resembles the aforementioned style.

Not to mention that the particular 'sarcasm' referenced is really lacking in entertainment value and bears particular resemblance to the sort of comment that might be made by someone trying to be a bit too clever towards someone. I'm not sure it was either needed, informative or entertaining sarcasm. In my mind, it comes across as the sort of snide comment, a failed attempt to belittle that might be made by someone who likes to oppose things said by someone else. Others can probably be the judge of that though.

(PS: please don't mistake the above for being wound up. I'm just attempting to explain why I'm not "missing out" or particularly likely to believe that your comment was a random sarcastic, casual observation.)

I will say that the above could be totally misplaced and completely out of order. But I'm sure you know how easy it is to form an impression through internet postings. Apologies if I am talking complete shite.

jma said:

Look, just to be clear on this, I am not part of a cosy little group on here that slap each other on the back and try desperately to give the impression of some sort of superior, scathing, detached intellect.

However, my knowledge of your posts does include something sticking in my mind that you have regularly opposed things that I have put on here, sometimes in a particularly smug, self satisfied way. Not that that is a problem in itself. I'm sure I could be accused of the same thing, being smug, on occasions. But if you are prone to doing that, I think it is a bit rich to desire people to differentiation between that same style and sarcasm which closely resembles the aforementioned style.

Not to mention that the particular 'sarcasm' referenced is really lacking in entertainment value and bears particular resemblance to the sort of comment that might be made by someone trying to be a bit too clever towards someone. I'm not sure it was either needed, informative or entertaining sarcasm. In my mind, it comes across as the sort of snide comment, a failed attempt to belittle that might be made by someone who likes to oppose things said by someone else. Others can probably be the judge of that though.

(PS: please don't mistake the above for being wound up. I'm just attempting to explain why I'm not "missing out" or particularly likely to believe that your comment was a random sarcastic, casual observation.)

I will say that the above could be totally misplaced and completely out of order. But I'm sure you know how easy it is to form an impression through internet postings. Apologies if I am talking complete shite.

some sort of superior, scathing, detached intellect.
This sums me up pretty accurately.

particularly smug, self satisfied way
This describes me perfectly.

As to you not finding me entertaining, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

The "missing out" comment, however, was merely "self-deprecating double-reverse sarcasm" - not to be confused with any form of Clarkie btw. Even I wouldn't be that smug, self-satisfied and superior to make such a comment in all seriousness.

So in summary I'm a bit of a potpourri: scathing, self-satisfied and sarcastic. Yes, I like that. Thanks for that :-)

law74 said:
Be interesting to see how many of those that also paid for membership with the add on of "match ticket priority" will decide not to bother next year after this disgrace.

Fucking joke that is. How the fuck do the expect people who can only travel occasionally to purchase 5 tickets when they can't attend those games. After saturdays debacle they should be giving refunds to those who travelled to St Marys.

jma said:
jrb said:
The Final Five has now sold out.

If it's true the club where using it as an exercise to gauge demand for a possible stadium expansion, along with other ideas, they have their answer.

How does selling 48,000 tickets for each game give any impression as to whether there is the demand to fill a 60/70/80 thousand capacity stadium?

It's what some other posters have been intimating. I'm just going along for the ride.

As for me, I'm 101% certain like many people on here that the plans are already in place to expand the stadium, regardless of ticket take up. The only question left is, when are the stadium expansion plans going to be announced?

Perhaps the UEFA and PL FFPR may bring those plans forward?

jma said:
jrb said:
The Final Five has now sold out.

If it's true the club where using it as an exercise to gauge demand for a possible stadium expansion, along with other ideas, they have their answer.

How does selling 48,000 tickets for each game give any impression as to whether there is the demand to fill a 60/70/80 thousand capacity stadium?
I think that it gives you an indication that it is more likely than if they hadn't sold 48,000 tickets.

It is also who makes up the 47k plus that could inform the timing of the stadium expansion. Having the 3 FA Cup rounds at home for example enables the club to see if there are lots of fans who attend these matches who would probably go to the league games if the stadium capacity was greater (and prices were affordable).

Likewise, the 5 ticket bundles (which I am not a big fan of) may be provide similar information / evidence. The club will have a system to project future demand / estimates for tickets using this and other types of information e.g. Marketing.

People's consumption - in this case - buying tickets are used to plan business / service development across the world. Using examples from other sectors / industries, people's spend on food and alcohol in supermarkets etc is used in parts of the World to plan the development t of their health services - so using actual ticket sales for football games is less complicated in comparison.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.