Ticket Demand- last five fixtures

There was about a 1:2 chance MTP holders getting a ticket, there is now about a 1:3 chance - hardly an enormous shift in the odds?

MaineRoadBlue said:
Just had the usual 9am text of City to announce Newcastle tickets are on sale to Blue Members with Match Ticket priority only to find that instead of there being approximately 8,000 seats available (36,500 Seasoncards, plus 3,000 away) we have the grand total of less than 500 spare seats.

In block 326 there are normally 200+ at the back on the 1st day of sale. Today there are only 4 single seats in the whole block.

So there we have it, people who may have wives and children who wanted to attend this single game and sit together have almost zero chance of doing so!

All because the decided to sell an overpriced last 5 game ticket to people who could commit the money and attend all 5 games, although I suspect many were forced to buy seats they will never use just to get the last game that looks a dead rubber now anyway.

Well done City, not!

I've just had a quick look as a blue member and I could get tickets together for my son and me. I appreciate it is not ideal but most of the people who bought the bundle would be first in for the tickets anyway.
Selling out of the bundles may also trigger plans for expansion so we'll all be better off in the future.

Barry Conlons wig said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
oakiecokie said:
They have not fleeced anyone.The offer was there and it looks like most fans who bought them,thought great value for the money.Obviously you`re not overly happy but you had a chance.

Yes I had a chance to feather my own nest at the expense of others, but I also knew that of the final 5 games I could only attend 2 due to working patterns.

I also knew that like many others that are blue members (25,000+ of which 14,000 have MTP, ticket office provided figures in recent email) that I would have a fair shot at 8,000 tickets for any home game.

Sadly for many genuine fans who can't afford Seasoncard or hyperinflated 5 match bundles at £250 (equates to a £950 Seasoncard!) it appears the club has completely sold out on it's promise. In fact you can still go on line today and buy Blue Membership with MTP for tickets that will never come on sale! Amazing!

So Mr Oakie Cokie, I suggest that you should consider others who are perhaps less fortunate than yourself financially and remember that Manchester City Football Club was formed from the poorest folk of east Manchester and that it should never alienate its core fan base who I am glad to say are still largely working class people with a understanding of the virtues of what is fair and proper.

get used to it, if you want city to be competing at the top table we have to make every penny count and like it or lump it the club can't afford to cater for individual requirements. Thats life in FFP from now on!!

Another one!

See that hat over there, in the corner, with the big 'D' on it.

Invest in a calculator, take the hat, sit in the corner and write me out 300 lines saying "I should at least try to engage whatever brain matter I have before attempting to make the absurd comparison between the tiny amount of revenue generated through normal match tickets and the huge figures involved in balancing City's FFP requirements"

Alternatively, if that's too long, try "I should not repeat bullshit cliches like a pious dick. Especially when it involves taking the piss out of long standing fans"

el bee said:
There was about a 1:2 chance MTP holders getting a ticket, there is now about a 1:3 chance - hardly an enormous shift in the odds?

Exactly where did you study maths?

We have a reduction in available tickets from 8,000 down to less than 500 yet the chance of getting one for the 25,000 Blue members has only reduced from 1 in 2 to only 1 in 3!

Oh dear, may I suggest if you are still at school, please avoid any career in banking or engineering!

The initial odds of getting a ticket for any blue member (25,000) with only normally 8,000 available is slightly less than 1 in 3.

With the new situation you will find that 25,000 members are now chasing 500 tickets!

That my friend is exactly 1 in 50! or just a 2% chance.

So I will return to my original point my rather arrogant friends. What the club has done is stitch up it's blue members with or without match ticket priority. And if you can't get your head around that synopsis then you are truly stupid!

MaineRoadBlue said:
oakiecokie said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Just had the usual 9am text of City to announce Newcastle tickets are on sale to Blue Members with Match Ticket priority only to find that instead of there being approximately 8,000 seats available (36,500 Seasoncards, plus 3,000 away) we have the grand total of less than 500 spare seats.

In block 326 there are normally 200+ at the back on the 1st day of sale. Today there are only 4 single seats in the whole block.

So there we have it, people who may have wives and children who wanted to attend this single game and sit together have almost zero chance of doing so!

All because the decided to sell an overpriced last 5 game ticket to people who could commit the money and attend all 5 games, although I suspect many were forced to buy seats they will never use just to get the last game that looks a dead rubber now anyway.

Well done City, not!

They have not fleeced anyone.The offer was there and it looks like most fans who bought them,thought great value for the money.Obviously you`re not overly happy but you had a chance.

Yes I had a chance to feather my own nest at the expense of others, but I also knew that of the final 5 games I could only attend 2 due to working patterns.

I also knew that like many others that are blue members (25,000+ of which 14,000 have MTP, ticket office provided figures in recent email) that I would have a fair shot at 8,000 tickets for any home game.

Sadly for many genuine fans who can't afford Seasoncard or hyperinflated 5 match bundles at £250 (equates to a £950 Seasoncard!) it appears the club has completely sold out on it's promise. In fact you can still go on line today and buy Blue Membership with MTP for tickets that will never come on sale! Amazing!

So Mr Oakie Cokie, I suggest that you should consider others who are perhaps less fortunate than yourself financially and remember that Manchester City Football Club was formed from the poorest folk of east Manchester and that it should never alienate its core fan base who I am glad to say are still largely working class people with a understanding of the virtues of what is fair and proper.

Did I say I`d purchased any ???

MaineRoadBlue said:
el bee said:

We have a reduction in available tickets from 8,000 down to less than 500 yet the chance of getting one for the 25,000 Blue members has only reduced from 1 in 2 to only 1 in 3!

Oh dear, may I suggest if you are still at school, please avoid any career in banking or engineering!

The initial odds of getting a ticket for any blue member (25,000) with only normally 8,000 available is slightly less than 1 in 3.

With the new situation you will find that 25,000 members are now chasing 500 tickets!

So I will return to my original point my rather arrogant friends. What the club has done is stitch up it's blue members with or without match ticket priority. And if you can't get your head around that synopsis then you are truly stupid!
While I'm with you on your overall opinion of this scheme, surely most (all?) of those 7,500 disappearing tickets have gone to Blue members, so you're effectively counting them twice.

Dubai Blue said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
el bee said:

While I'm with you on your overall opinion of this scheme, surely most (all?) of those 7,500 disappearing tickets have gone to Blue members, so you're effectively counting them twice.

Some maybe however there was an open period of sales, so I imagine many have now ended up in the hands of ticket dealers and touts. Let's say that even 5,000 of the 7,500 have been sold to members, that still leaves 20,000 people chasing 500 tickets. Around a 1 in 40 chance or for others a 2 and a half % chance.

Either way the policy was greed based and divisive between those who could pay and those who declared at the season start that they couldn't afford a season-card or were unable to attend all matches.

In effect, those people were promised (and paid for the privilege) a facility to buy tickets on a match by match basis and now the club has changed the terms of the deal to leave them with almost no hope of attending any Premier League games until August!

I have said it before, it is like the club telling season-card holders they have a better offer for their seat and selling it on again without any refund!

Out of order, and not the stuff that Manchester City was built on.

Dubai Blue said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
el bee said:

Didn't some of those ticket bundles go on general sale though? Obviously, I've no idea of the split between how many were bought by Blue members and how many weren't.

What I will add is that while I'm not in favour of selling these ticket bundles (mainly due to the overall cost which seems pretty extortionate, plus it disadvantages Blue members who can't commit to a five-game package in one go), I'm astonished that it seems so many of them were sold at those prices. I'd have thought a couple of hundred might have been shifted but the evidence with regards to available tickets for the Newcastle game appears to suggest that thousands of them were sold.

MaineRoadBlue said:
el bee said:

Still stick to about 1:2 odds for MTP. But in a brainstorm thought the 3000 you said for away fans was the balance of tkts remaining following the 5 match deal, my mistake. The 500 left for remaining MTP holders would be about 1:12. Apologies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.