Ticket exchange launched

Sounds good to me. I give my ticket away for 4 or 5 games a season due to work. I'll now stick it on here. Wouldn't dream of taking money from a mate but a stranger is a different matter

I'm sure City have looked into it but I was under the impression that it was illegal to sell football tickets in this country above face value?

It's why you used to see touts get lifted at football but the same blokes would be stood next to coppers advertising tickets at rugby/cricket/ concerts etc.

I don't remember the exact wording of the law, but I know the price you sell at has got nothing to do with it. It's illegal for anyone who isn't permitted to do so by the club to sell a ticket. Technically that applies to giving it to your mate for face value too. You're right that that law only applies to footy - and the Olympics.

Personally I think it is a fantastic idea as I will be based 220 miles away next season so wont be able to make a lot of midweek fixtures and it saves me the hassle of either losing out on money or having to organise getting the ticket too and from someone with that distance between us

The Guy to my right works alot of Sundays and missed a couple last season (he was obviously there for QPR!) and says he doesn't usually bother offering his Seasoncard around because he's too much trouble to lend the card to someone, get the money and get it back as he lives in the Countryside. Hopefully the new Ticket Exchange for Platinum Members should help many who have to miss a couple and I hope City see sense to allow Gold members the same courtesy in 13/14.

peoffrey said:
The Guy to my right works alot of Sundays and missed a couple last season (he was obviously there for QPR!) and says he doesn't usually bother offering his Seasoncard around because he's too much trouble to lend the card to someone, get the money and get it back as he lives in the Countryside. Hopefully the new Ticket Exchange for Platinum Members should help many who have to miss a couple and I hope City see sense to allow Gold members the same courtesy in 13/14.

If you know you will miss a couple of games a season it makes financial sense to upgrade to platinum anyway

Georgian Maestro said:
If you know you will miss a couple of games a season it makes financial sense to upgrade to platinum anyway

The double loyalty points probably helps... Although, as an Office Monkey, City rarely play between the hours of 9 & 5 between Monday & Friday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.