Ticket Loyalty Points

If people are talking of reforms the first thing that must be scrapped is the platinum / gold tickets. The £50 extra is just a scam, a money making scheme. Just because you are wealthier than someone else shouldn’t mean you have more chance of an away ticket. Next thing to go should be the selling of away tickets via an agency. Next thing should be that hospitality shouldn’t receive a guaranteed number of tickets for away games. Give them extra home tickets. Again tickets shouldn’t be linked to wealth

I have paid the £50 since it's inception. The money goes to MY football club. Proud to pay it and be part of the success. I am not 'wealthy' as you put it, but a pensioner.

If people are talking of reforms the first thing that must be scrapped is the platinum / gold tickets. The £50 extra is just a scam, a money making scheme. Just because you are wealthier than someone else shouldn’t mean you have more chance of an away ticket. Next thing to go should be the selling of away tickets via an agency. Next thing should be that hospitality shouldn’t receive a guaranteed number of tickets for away games. Give them extra home tickets. Again tickets spoint 3 shoyld be point 1houldn’t be linked to wealth.
Point 2 should be first to go.
Point 3 should go next.
Point 1 should go after that and should also incorporate, that all available tickets should be sold through the loyalty scheme.
But there is no chance of that because its easier to shaft the loyal fans than upset the money people .

Point 2 should be first to go.
Point 3 should go next.
Point 1 should go after that and should also incorporate, that all available tickets should be sold through the loyalty scheme.
But there is no chance of that because its easier to shaft the loyal fans than upset the money people .

The loalty points system is a disgrace. For a Gold member you get 190 points for buying tickets for 19 games but if you are a platinum member, as I understand it, on a cup scheme where you might not even attend a single match you get 200.

Points should also only get counted over a shorter period of time. Going to matches in 2004 should not be the decider of whether you get a ticket to Old Trafford or Liverpool etc in 2022. Its not fair a fight and risks a whole generation of fans not able to access tickets for the biggest of matches due to there year of birth.

We have seen it with euro aways, when ticket checks were introduced, how demand fell because some were buying and then passing on to keep their points total up. It should not be a closed shop.

The corporate stuff just sums up the clubs priorities sadly and as much as I agree with you think it will only get worse.

Last edited:
The loalty points system is a disgrace. For a Gold member you get 190 points for bbuying tickets for 19 games but if you are a platinum member, as I understand it, on a cup scheme where you might not even attend a single match get you 200.

Points should also only get counted over a shorter period of time. Going to matches in 2004 should not be the decider of whether you get a ticket to Old Trafford or Liverpool etc in 2022. Its not fair a fight and risks a whole generation of fans accessing tickets for the biggest of matches due to there year of birth.

We have seen it with euro aways, when ticket checks were introduced, how demand fell because some were buying and then passing on to keep their points total up. It should not be a closed shop.

The corporate stuff just sums up the clubs priorities sadly and as much as I agree with you think it will only get worse.

Or..... you could go back to collecting tokens from home and front pages from away programmes.
Oh hang on..... that would cost you £150+ a season!!!!!
The last bright idea was to stop away points which meant you would never catch up. Carry on moaning.

Or..... you could go back to collecting tokens from home and front pages from away programmes.
The last bright idea was to stop away points which meant you would never catch up. Carry on moaning.
Wasn’t the stopping of points for aways to stop people abusing it (buying them for the points and selling them on)?

I have no issue with the current system personally, but with everything heading towards mobile tickets I wonder whether we could soon reintroduce points for aways and make it harder if not impossible to transfer. I’m sure there are downsides to everything but I don’t think giving no points for aways is the best solution

Not really sure what your point is to be honest. Each to their own but if you think buying loyalty points each season is a fair system that is on you.

And the thread is not really about me its the next generation coming through and their access to away tickets.

Loyalty points is the best system in my opinion but it should on a five year rolling basis not just kept on an individual’s account forever more. Hopefully if we are soon going down the road of digital away tickets then loyalty points for away games can be reintroduced.

The distribution of tickets is the bigger issue however.

Not really sure what your point is to be honest. Each to their own but if you think buying loyalty points each season is a fair system that is on you.

And the thread is not really about me its the next generation coming through and their access to away tickets.

The next generation you mention is the same as the next generation I was behind 20 years ago. You'll get there in the end. Unless you want something for nothing.

The next generation you mention is the same as the next generation I was behind 20 years ago. You'll get there in the end. Unless you want something for nothing.

No totally different times. For the vast majority of games through the 80s, 90s, early 00s away tickets were far more accessible. Many games you could just turn up to. Just one example wigan v city play off semi final, allocation 1300, I only needed 5 ticket stubs from away matches that year.

Just daft to suggest things are the same the demands for tickets for both home and away games is completely different.

And like I say I am not that young generation most affected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.