Ticket Loyalty Points

100% true, not saying all branches operate like this, but I know for a fact some “supporder” are getting tickets for games they shouldn’t be getting a sniff of
That wasn’t your comment though mate. If you are going to come out with that sort of stuff you should be able to post genuine evidence.

A few years ago when there was a pile on against Supporters Club members, it turned out that the leader of this lobby was in fact involved in running an OSC Branch who was unhappy with their “miserly” ticket allocation. I’m not joking either. Any ticket not earned through points should be seen as a big bonus.

That wasn’t your comment though mate. If you are going to come out with that sort of stuff you should be able to post genuine evidence.

A few years ago when there was a pile on against Supporters Club members, it turned out that the leader of this lobby was in fact involved in running an OSC Branch who was unhappy with their “miserly” ticket allocation. I’m not joking either. Any ticket not earned through points should be seen as a big bonus.
its not my place to call out people personally, or branches, but I 100% stand by what I have said because it is 100% true, I am calling out the fact people are getting tickets for huge away days, when they have done nothing to earn the

its not my place to call out people personally, or branches, but I 100% stand by what I have said because it is 100% true, I am calling out the fact people are getting tickets for huge away days, when they have done nothing to earn the
I will leave it here. Branches have to deal with membership requests from people reading that tickets are spread like confetti. The reality is that my Branch of 200 members received 2 tickets for Forest Away. 1 of the tickets the guy might have got on his points anyway.

Maybe it should be all on points. I wouldn’t mind that either. Many on the highest points have really put in the hard yards. That said, it would really be a closed shop without the 18-25 allocation etc.

I will leave it here. Branches have to deal with membership requests from people reading that tickets are spread like confetti. The reality is that my Branch of 200 members received 2 tickets for Forest Away. 1 of the tickets the guy might have got on his points anyway.

Maybe it should be all on points. I wouldn’t mind that either. Many on the highest points have really put in the hard yards. That said, it would really be a closed shop without the 18-25 allocation etc.

I am not questioning your integrity, just highlighting what I know is happening, I know if I had earnt 20000 loyalty points and kept missing out, I would be frustrated, and I also think supporters clubs do great stuff and deserve rewarding

I am not questioning your integrity, just highlighting what I know is happening, I know if I had earnt 20000 loyalty points and kept missing out, I would be frustrated, and I also think supporters clubs do great stuff and deserve rewarding
At least we haven’t had to cope with Tommy Hutch not showing up for a book signing

9,000 watching at Maine Road. Most of whom wanted a ticket
Yes that Wigan away match was a nightmare. We managed to blag our way into the Directors' Box at Springfield Park using some very devious subterfuge and turning up in a suit and tie. It was better than climbing over the fence with the jibbers. I have got lots of points these days and use them to attend most matches. But in older times I had to be very creative to get into some of the away matches usually getting tickets in home sections.

That sort of proves my point though. Local game, small allocation, massive match in the clubs history and the criteria to get you access to a ticket was a lot easier. A kid of 17 could have started going that year, went 5 matches, and applied for a ticket, bit different to nowadays.
Not sure away tickets were that easy to get hold of even then TBH

Also didn't most go to regular season ticket holders?

Anyway....fuck Wigan shudder

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.