Ticket office again

HolisticJim

Evenin'

So pissed off with the ticket office last night.

I'd booked and paid for my ticket the day before.
Don't have a great deal of cash but bought 2 tickets for my dads 63rd birthday on a credit card.

Gets to the ground before the match and queued up to collect our tickets.
Massive queue but gets them no probs with 10 mins to spare.

Gets to our entrance and nether of the tickets would unlock the turnstile.
Asks a steward there to help and he says to go back to the ticket office. By now the match is about to kick off so I'm saying to him 'mate, you can see it's a proper ticket, here's an email from the club with the same seat numbers as on the ticket and here's some ID please just let us in.'
'You could have forged it! Go back to the ticket office'

So I goes back and stands in a massive queue with people trying to buy tickets and others still trying to collect their pre-paids'

I asks another steward but she says there's loads of people in the same boat so I've got to queue up.
By now my dad, who has rumatism in his knees is struggling. He's saying 'I'm alright' but I can see hes bobbing from foot to foot trying get some weight off.

Anyways, long story short, I gets to the front and they re-issue the ticket.
The queue is because people who are not members are trying to buy tickets and then kicking off when they can't.
We missed 35 minutes of the match which was supposed to be a nice surprise for my dad and turned into a nightmare.

Piss poor.

Last edited:
Hell of a lot of those in the queue were people on cup scheme who hadn't actually paid

Tickets went on general sale on boxing day. I feel for you in the circumstance that you were in but considering what evrybody says about the ticket office it seems you are taking a risk to leave everything to the last minute.

Evenin'

So pissed off with the ticket office last night.

I'd booked and paid for my ticket the day before.
Don't have a great deal of cash but bought 2 tickets for my dads 63rd birthday on a credit card.

Gets to the ground before the match and queued up to collect our tickets.
Massive queue but gets them no probs with 10 mins to spare.

Gets to our entrance and nether of the tickets would unlock the turnstile.
Asks a steward there to help and he says to go back to the ticket office. By now the match is about to kick off so I'm saying to him 'mate, you can see it's a proper ticket, here's an email from the club with the same seat numbers as on the ticket and here's some ID please just let us in.'
'You could have forged it! Go back to the ticket office'

So I goes back and stands in a massive queue with people trying to buy tickets and others still trying to collect their pre-paids'

I asks another steward but she says there's loads of people in the same boat so I've got to queue up.
By now my dad, who has rumatism in his knees is struggling. He's saying 'I'm alright' but I can see hes bobbing from foot to foot trying get some weight off.

Anyways, long story short, I gets to the front and they re-issue the ticket.
The queue is because people who are not members are trying to buy tickets and then kicking off when they can't.
We missed 35 minutes of the match which was supposed to be a nice surprise for my dad and turned into a nightmare.

Piss poor.
winston-poster-crop.jpg

Ooh arr, I gets me tickets and goes down the farmers markets...anyways...ooh arr

;)

Obviously it's shit that you missed half the game and i feel for you but i don't see what else the ticket office could of done. City do warn you to get there early if you're going to the ticket office for any reason.

Obviously it's shit that you missed half the game and i feel for you but i don't see what else the ticket office could of done. City do warn you to get there early if you're going to the ticket office for any reason.

Well, they could have given me a ticket that worked correctly first time round?

They could have checked my ticket, my ID and the email from the club confirming I had bought them?

They could have put the purchase onto my members card and not forced me to use a paper ticket?

They could have made it clear that if your not a member you can't buy tickets and thus prevented a crowd of people kicking of at the windows.

They could have stopped trying to sell tickets when people who had already paid were struggling to collect them?
It strikes me that they didn't give a shit that people were trying to collect their already paid for tickets because there was an opportunity to sell a few more.
Why not have Windows 1-3 for collections and 4-8 for purchases?

Well, they could have given me a ticket that worked correctly first time round?

They could have checked my ticket, my ID and the email from the club confirming I had bought them?

They could have put the purchase onto my members card and not forced me to use a paper ticket?

They could have made it clear that if your not a member you can't buy tickets and thus prevented a crowd of people kicking of at the windows.

They could have stopped trying to sell tickets when people who had already paid were struggling to collect them?
It strikes me that they didn't give a shit that people were trying to collect their already paid for tickets because there was an opportunity to sell a few more.
Why not have Windows 1-3 for collections and 4-8 for purchases?

Exactly. Yet another fuck up from them. The ticket office sadly is a joke imo. it's so badly run its unreal
It seriously pisses me off that they can't sort it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.