Ticket office again

We relocated from CB Level 3 to the bottom tier. There was a problem as one of the seats we had been allocated was already being used by the man whose season ticket is in that seat. He swore blind he was on the cup scheme and no reason at all to doubt him but for some reason the ticket wasn't shown as being for that seat that night, and he ended up arguing with a steward for half an hour. Seems there was plenty of issues that night.
Given that we usually only sell 10000 tickets per match, and sold 5x that on Weds, I can see problems were likely.

I bought my daughter a ticket the night before, cos a seat became available by me. It was an E Ticket, print at home ! I was very sceptical of it working, but to my surprise, it worked no problem..

The tickets should fuckin' work with no problem when yer get to the turnstile. And if they don't there should be some person, machine which can validate the tickets without the need to queue up again. If the tickets fail, there should be a window dedicated to tickets that have cocked up!

Obviously it's shit that you missed half the game and i feel for you but i don't see what else the ticket office could of done. City do warn you to get there early if you're going to the ticket office for any reason.

He did get there early enough and was issued his ticket.

This is one of the downfalls of this technology, if it doesn't work those people with the card readers should be able to do exactly what the ticket office do and reissue or validate the ticket. It's completely unacceptable that customers have to queue up again when it's not their fault.

I can understand the reluctance to sell to customers without membership, especially in such a high profile game, but I do also think the membership should be free to encourage more casual support. They can make the decision not to sell to people without a purchase history of their choice on a match by match basis. And I think the Market Street shop should sell and be able to have a collection point for tickets at least on non match days.

Having said all that I have never had an issue but I do dread putting the card in and the light turning red. It's not nice being outside when a game is being played I guess.

He did get there early enough and was issued his ticket.

This is one of the downfalls of this technology, if it doesn't work those people with the card readers should be able to do exactly what the ticket office do and reissue or validate the ticket. It's completely unacceptable that customers have to queue up again when it's not their fault.

I can understand the reluctance to sell to customers without membership, especially in such a high profile game, but I do also think the membership should be free to encourage more casual support. They can make the decision not to sell to people without a purchase history of their choice on a match by match basis. And I think the Market Street shop should sell and be able to have a collection point for tickets at least on non match days.

Having said all that I have never had an issue but I do dread putting the card in and the light turning red. It's not nice being outside when a game is being played I guess.

I've had my fair share of dealing with ticket problems this season so i can sympathise but i don't think City did anything particularly wrong here. The only problem was the ticket not wokring, Now, it should of worked first time i agree, but i wouldn't necessarily say that was anybody's fault, it's inevitable there will be mistakes/bad tickets with the technology we use. That's something we all have to accept as an occasional downside to an otherwise fast and convenient entry system.

The stewards with the card readers have the one job, they don't have the information or means to re-issue faulty tickets and if they suddenly went and did that it would leave a dozen or more people waiting even longer when they have to go and see one of those guys.

Just a quick update for those who are interested. MCFC called me today and refunded the money for the tickets inc booking fees.

Cant say fairer than that recently. Ill use the funds to go to another match as well so happy days.

Just a quick update for those who are interested. MCFC called me today and refunded the money for the tickets inc booking fees.

Cant say fairer than that recently. Ill use the funds to go to another match as well so happy days.

Well done City, probably just one of those things but top response.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.