Ticket office again

i know it shouldn't have to be like this but you really have tp put it down as 'lesson learned'...don't ever leave it late or rely on our ticket office....you do so at your own peril....

This is different. He'd collected his tickets and had them in his hands 10 minutes before the match kicked off. Is he also supposed to legislate for his ticket not scanning through no fault of his own? If he is, then surely that applies to every single season ticket holder that turns up at the last minute.

This is different. He'd collected his tickets and had them in his hands 10 minutes before the match kicked off. Is he also supposed to legislate for his ticket not scanning through no fault of his own? Because if he is, then surely that applies to every single season ticket holder that turns up at the last minute.

You're right of course it should be expected and we all like to travel differently. But on a big match like that, without my own card or anything, I'd have been there long before that.

Experience etc.

You're right of course it should be expected and we all like to travel differently. But on a big match like that, without my own card or anything, I'd have been there long before that.

Experience etc.

Maybe but there have been plenty of issues with people's own seasoncards not scanning down the years as well mate (luckily I've not had that issue so far) so I'm loathe to criticise someone who had left himself enough time to have the tickets in his hand 10 minutes before kick off.

That's unfortunate.

I'd write to the club. Not necessarily complaining, just giving them the basic facts and circumstances. That way something might be improved.

I wrote them an email (polite etc, im 40 years old so im not some aggressive little git) when I got home that evening. No reply yet.

This is different. He'd collected his tickets and had them in his hands 10 minutes before the match kicked off. Is he also supposed to legislate for his ticket not scanning through no fault of his own? If he is, then surely that applies to every single season ticket holder that turns up at the last minute.

I wasn't the only one. There was a lot of people with the same problem, they had tickets which wouldn't open the turnstile. Not sure if it was one in particular - ours was one of the spiral ones.
It was clearly a huge cock-up but again, ive got a members card. Ive not been for a while but in years gone by I would just scan my card and it opened.

I had similar experience for a CL game. The staff on the desks were great but there's no leadership or creative thinking allowed. I missed half a game. To be fair they did refund my money and offer to send free scarves etc.

I had similar experience for a CL game. The staff on the desks were great but there's no leadership or creative thinking allowed. I missed half a game. To be fair they did refund my money and offer to send free scarves etc.

Would expect nothing less. One of the major benefits of aguero 93.20 that I have enjoyed this season is just dropping an email to a dedicated hospitality partner and they sort tickets out etc for cup games and the like - just like that. Service is wonderful and I just pick them up pre game from City at Home - no queuing ever, is great.

yes he is because the ticket office is shite always has been,don't rely on anything...ticket scanning included....like i said...lesson learned...... & yes that applies to everyone imo

Not sure if what happened to us is partly the ticket office but anyway.

Me and the missus both sit in 217 so we got relocated. We've been relocated from our usual seats plenty of times as over the years we've had seats in block 212 also so most cup games saw us being relocated. Never had any issues, we're always kept together and been given decent enough seats. We get emails confirming our seats once the money has come out but on this occasion neither of us bothered to read the email sent. We were split up and put in different blocks for some reason despite us never being spilt up before when relocating.

Only noticed when we were sat in the Oxford having a bit of tea & a beer when we got text messages confirming our seats for the game and I only actually bothered reading mine when we were about to set off for the ground (approx 6:30) which is when I noticed the different blocks we had been allocated.

Anyway I rang them and after half an hour it got sorted. Cost us an extra £5 each to relocate to Colin bell level 3 row EE. This was the only area available to keep us together.

Must check emails in future but I do think the extra charge wasn't necessary

I dont get the argument claiming dont leave it late next time as if they have only themselves to blame.

The club was actively seeking fans turning up on the night yet when they do, they cant even get in on time due to yet another fuck up with tickets not working.

Its not on.

Did no one direct you to the people in the orange jackets who have those mobile ticket checker things (like a credit card machine)? There were two or three around the CB side of the ground. The stewards at our entrance had a person who couldn't get in on his paper ticket and directed them to the orange jacket person, who checked something and then brought the guy back to the front of the line. (It was a looooooong queue).

Plus, the person who mentioned that the people in the ticket office queue were people on the cup scheme who hadn't paid, the club take the money out of your bank account and if that doesn't happen I understood that they then tell you that the ticket will be reallocated. I know when my bank issued a new bank card and I forgot to change the details on my City account they sent me an email to that effect.

As for the ticket office staff, from the top to the bottom I have never, ever, had anything but excellent, first class service from them. I've had to queue at times when I've gone to buy my ticket for away matches but never had anything but absolutely professional service from them.
I once needed to speak to someone about an incident at an away match and was taken through to the back and sat down with a senior person and discussed it thoroughly and the club sorted it all out for me.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.