Ticket Points Sales Tracking

The points system wasn’t brought in to encourage people to buy tickets. In the 3rd tier with small away ends you had to keep your ticket stubs from previous games to buy for the next away game. For example Bristol Rovers away (the last regular season away game) you needed to have 22 away ticket stubs from that season. That obviously wasn’t sustainable. So they brought in points tracking the following season. I think everyone started on 0 points.
I remember the days when you had to get the token printed in the programme and people asked you to get a programme for them so they could have a token.

But if you read what I said properly, I didn't say the points system was brought in to encourage ticket sales. I said that it encouraged people to buy tickets for games they had no intention of attending, just to stay on the ladder.

When we were shit, under Pearce, it was used to encourage people to buy tickets by giving loads of points for unpopular games. I think there were 100 points given for a league cup game once. In those days we struggled to sell 1,500 tickets for a game and often didn't take the other half of the allocation. And the OSC were probably getting more than the 20% they get now.

Me and my lad had medium points in those days but we could get tickets for every away game bar the derby. Our average crowd in 2006/7 was just under 40k (and away fans would probably have made up at least 2k of that.

There's no doubt that success has brought more interest in both home and away games. That's the price of success. Early in Mancini's tenure (so a year after the takeover) we were drawn at Middlesborough in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Our end was, at best, a third full, maybe a quarter full. I know a few on here were there because I saw them but where was everyone else? Anyone who wanted one could have got a ticket.

There's no doubt that success has brought more interest in both home and away games. If you were going regularly in those days (and many were) then great. If you weren't, then you've got no right to whinge.

I remember the days when you had to get the token printed in the programme and people asked you to get a programme for them so they could have a token.

But if you read what I said properly, I didn't say the points system was brought in to encourage ticket sales. I said that it encouraged people to buy tickets for games they had no intention of attending, just to stay on the ladder.

When we were shit, under Pearce, it was used to encourage people to buy tickets by giving loads of points for unpopular games. I think there were 100 points given for a league cup game once. In those days we struggled to sell 1,500 tickets for a game and often didn't take the other half of the allocation. And the OSC were probably getting more than the 20% they get now.

Me and my lad had medium points in those days but we could get tickets for every away game bar the derby. Our average crowd in 2006/7 was just under 40k (and away fans would probably have made up at least 2k of that.

There's no doubt that success has brought more interest in both home and away games. That's the price of success. Early in Mancini's tenure (so a year after the takeover) we were drawn at Middlesborough in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Our end was, at best, a third full, maybe a quarter full. I know a few on here were there because I saw them but where was everyone else? Anyone who wanted one could have got a ticket.

There's no doubt that success has brought more interest in both home and away games. If you were going regularly in those days (and many were) then great. If you weren't, then you've got no right to whinge.

“It was originally meant to encourage sales of tickets when we weren't successful , but isnoe being used to ration them.”

I read that perfectly clearly, thanks.

It would be interesting if the club retrospectively added all the points that could have been awarded since they stopped allocating away points.

I think the 5 year cycle for points and a ballot for 10% of allocations would be a good idea.

Also 10% collect at the ground. If you don’t collect you lose all your points.

“It was originally meant to encourage sales of tickets when we weren't successful , but isnoe being used to ration them.”

I read that perfectly clearly, thanks.
You clearly didn't, so I'll repeat it.

Ticket points replaced tokens/ticket stubs, which was the reason they were introduced initially.

Later on, they were used to encourage people to purchase tickets for unpopular games that were difficult to shift tickets for. And that included away games. Is that clear enough for you?

You clearly didn't, so I'll repeat it.

Ticket points replaced tokens/ticket stubs, which was the reason they were introduced initially.

Later on, they were used to encourage people to purchase tickets for unpopular games that were difficult to shift tickets for. And that included away games. Is that clear enough for you?
So it wasn’t “originally meant to encourage sales of tickets when we weren't successful”?

It was ‘later’ used to “encourage sales of tickets when we weren't successful”.

It would be interesting if the club retrospectively added all the points that could have been awarded since they stopped allocating away points.

I think the 5 year cycle for points and a ballot for 10% of allocations would be a good idea.

Also 10% collect at the ground. If you don’t collect you lose all your points.

Yeah, I’d definitely be into getting to away grounds half an hour before I was planing on, to fuck about collecting tickets.

Those 12.30 kicks off on the South Coast would be even fun than they are now.

The 100 points was for the FA Cup game vs. Notts County in 2011, I can remember that but nothing about the match itself!

So it wasn’t “originally meant to encourage sales of tickets when we weren't successful”?

It was ‘later’ used to “encourage sales of tickets when we weren't successful”.

Yes. I could have phrased it better with hindsight. And if we're being pedantic, how come you didn't post for 12 years between 2011 and 2023, and have suddenly reappeared posting about ticket points?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.